New Contributor
joec19

Google chrome plug-in, is there one available?

I was using Firefox but have been experiencing problems since 4 .0 was released and wanted to try Chrome but I get a message telling me there is no plug-in to display content. Any help?

New Contributor
dedwards

Re: Google chrome plug-in, is there one available?

Hi,

I use Logmein with Chrome 10.0. It works fine, however you need to have Java installed to access all the features. 

The main issue I find is that the copy and paste function doesn't work. This is frustrating when you need to copy a URL.

I presume you have the latest java installed?

New Contributor
joec19

I do and I can see it load in the task bar but the screen displays a message in the center stating that there is no plu-in and just sits there. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help.

Retired LogMeIn Contributor
Erik_E

Hello Joec19,

Thank you for your questions and welcome to the community.

We are currently developing a plugin for the Google Chrome browser, but it has not been released as of yet.

I would highly suggest using one of our compatible browsers (Internet Explorer or FireFox).

Since you mentioned you were having issues using FireFox, I would suggest simply reinstalling the FireFox plugin.

Here is a link with instructions on how to do so:

http://help.logmein.com/SelfServiceRenderFAQAsPDF?Id=kA030000000DGAhCAO

I hope this helps,

Erik Elsom-Van Vogt | Customer Support Representative

· ·· LogMeIn, Inc.

www.LogMeIn.com | eelsomvanvogt@LogMeIn.com
p. +1-800-993-1790 | f. +1-781-933-2390
500 Unicorn Park Drive, Woburn, MA 01801 USA
New Contributor
ldness

I didn't realize that Chrome wasn't supported; there was no user-agent check when I started LogMeInCentral on Chrome.  I found that Chrome 12 worked pretty well except for one issue, which you may have already found: when you single-left-click anything, it sends a double-left click followed by a single-left-click to the remote computer.  This means, for example, if you launch something from the Start menu, two copies may launch. 

New Contributor
abyssus

Sooo it's been nearly a year since you said that you were working on a plugin for Chrome. Any updates on how that's going? Does it really take a year to develop a plugin?

New Contributor
dch-crb

BUMP!

Really need Chrome clipboard sync, copy and paste functionality. Chrome is hugely popular, would love LMI to support it. Has anyone explained why such a delay in releasing Chrome plugin? Technical issues with Chrome+Java?

I recommend LMI to everyone I know, use it for both work and home, but have run into this bump with SO many people in the last year it's becoming a bit of a black eye... LMI, tell us know what's going on and what's on the roadmap, please.

New Contributor
Jmtyra

Been watching this thread for updates. Still using flash with Chrome for LMI and it's not all that great. Is there any word on a Chrome plug-in? Or a way to use Java? (I have Java installed and it still uses flash...)
New Contributor
raketemensch

So, now that Chrome has the same marketshare as Firefox and IE, and twice as many users as Safari, can we get a plugin?

I think at this point it's safe to say that Chrome isn't just a fad....

New Contributor
morandipag

A plug-in for Chrome is overdue, considering it just passed IE in browser utilization.  Java has too much latency, making the product unusable.  I feel silly using one browser for everything BUT Logmein.