New Contributor
Anon67714

Can not hide SysTray Icon

I cannot hide the icon in the systray. 
I un-check the "disable hide/unhide" option in the advance security settings, still doesnt work.  can anyone help?

btw, I've already setted the option to always-hide in the systray options. 
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

RE: Can not hide SysTray Icon

What operating system are you using ?  I think there is a problem hiding it in Win98, but would have to do a search on the forums to be sure.

The option I have for disabling the item in the systray says

Display "Enable/Disable LogMeIn" option on the system tray menu

This doesn't hide the message, it just disables the people using the computer the ability to select the ENABLE/DISABLE option from the systray - making it harder for them to shut LogMeIn down on you.  Unless there is another option that I missed about hiding the icon in the system tray -I am not sure.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor
Anon67714

I've already "un-checked" the Display "Enable/Disable LogMeIn" option in the system tray menu, under preference->security setting->access control, yet it still shows up in the system tray(bottom right of the window where you the volumn adjustment is).

I've also enable the auto-hide function.

im using XP OS
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

I am not sure you understand what I was trying to say.  The option is NOT to hide/unhide the icon in the system tray.  It is to select whether the users can ENABLE or DISABLE LogMeIn from their system, using the tray icon.  The description beside the box reads "Display "Enable/Disable LogMeIn" option on the system tray menu".  It it talking about a menu item that is available/unavailable to the user when they right-click the systray icon. 

I do not remember seeing an auto-hide function in LogMeIn, or are you talking about in the operating system ?  If it is the OS, the autohide allows the whole menu bar to disappear when the cursor is not near it, and to re-appear when the mouse cursor is brought near it.  This is to allow it to free up a bit more screen real estate when not needed.  It has nothing to do with hiding individual systray icons.

Have you used MSCONFIG, and hit the START (or STARTUP) tab ?  You can uncheck LMI from there, and that SHOULD stop it from showing. 

However, I would think twice about stopping it from showing totally.  Isn't just disabling the users option to allow ENABLE/DISABLE of LMI enough ?  It might not be for you, I don't know.  But, the icon is a constant reminder if LMI is connected to the central computers, or if there is an internet breakdown.  I leave the icon visible for all my systems just for that reason.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)