New Contributor
Dexterecus

Can't connect to my computer

I'm trying to log into my home computer from work. I installed the LMI software last night, but now when I try to access it, it doesn't work.

It finds my computer, I click remote control but then he can't connect.

Any thoughts? My home pc is on and has connection to internet.

New Contributor
emb03

Re: Can't connect to my computer

I am having the same problem. I was connected from home to work for about 2 hours and all of a sudden I lost my connection and could never connect after that. I get the message Connection was reset. I know my IT department did not change anything. This is so frustrating!!! Does anyone have a answer?
New Contributor
Mina-mx

I only can see my home computer desktop for a minute maybe, but i can´t do nothing, and i mean nothing, the mouse doesn´t respond, when i try to close some instant aplications like the messenger, the connection fails.
Contributor
tacrown

Dexterecus: Verify the tray icon’s status is “enabled and online.” If its disabledIf its offline try running an LMI update from the tray icon. If it is not you won’t be able to connect.

emb03 & Mina-mx: Verify all firewalls are disabled. Check AV logs if using Norton Internet Security or Eset NOD32 Smart Security, etc. as these types of Anti-Viruses have built in firewalls or traffic monitors and can block the LMI services. I ran into this problem in the past on a few machines…its definitely a machine-centric issue. If you have ruled out firewall-related issues; based on previous encounters with this issue keep persistent on logging in…it should stick after repeated attempts. The latter recommendation is neither a technical root cause nor workaround but it worked for me in the past.