New Contributor
Anon116483

CommercialApps.2

Symantec Endpoint Protection alerts me that "CommercialApps.2" is active in LogMeIn.com several times per day. Anyone know what it does and can I should I block it?
New Contributor
tsthanos

Re: CommercialApps.2

I don’t know if an answer has already been given, but since I had the same problem, I just tried the following:

1) From “Symantec Endpoint Protection”, I selected “Change Settings”.

2) From “Centralized Exceptions”, I clicked on “Configure Settings”.

3) At “User-defined Exceptions”, I clicked on “Add -> Security Risk Exceptions -> Folder” and I selected the LogMeIn installation folder (ie. C:\Program Files\LogMeIn).

We will see if this works... :)

New Contributor
tsthanos

Unfortunately, the above solutiuon didn't work.

So, instead, at step 3, at “User-defined Exceptions”, I clicked on “Add -> Security Risk Exceptions -> Known Risks” and I checked the "CommercialApps.2" security risk.

New Contributor
RogerL

Thanks for posting this, followed your instructions verbatim. No problems.

The only downside to this "Duct Tape/Band Aid Solution" is that we can catch the real "CommericalApplication.2" virus. 

On the other hand, you're probably more likely to get struck by lightning than to get this 1 exact virus.

Contributor
Hans Felsh

There is no such thing as the "CommercialApps.2 virus". This - along with CommercialApps.1 - is a collection of commercial apps which have the POTENTIAL to be abused.

My advice? Get rid of Symantec Endpoint Protection. Absolutely horrible software, what with the new engine they implemented. :( If you're forced to use it, you can add it as an exception.

One thing I hate is that Symantec hasn't published exactly what is in CommercialApps.1 and CommercialApps.2. :-\

New Contributor
Billpb

I tried the 'ignore' option for this issue and it still won't ignore it. Any other suggestions?
New Contributor
techdancer

Stick to the topic. Nortons Endpoint is a good program. How do I know this? It's telling him that LogMeIn can be a problem. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do.