Anon108713

Computer Access Code?

How do I get LMI to use a computer access code rather than my windows credentials, since I do not use a password on both my machines.  Basically, I want to set an access code for both computers, and not have to use my Windows credetntials, how do I go about doing that?  Thanks in advance
Anon25085

RE: Computer Access Code?

My account is different to the free BUT you should be able to right click on the Icon on the system tray and Change/Set the Computer access code. 
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

Even though you do not use passwords on your computer, there is a user (administrator), that is assigned a password, or LMI would have only asked for a passcode.

I don't think it is something that you can just change at will.  LMI sets itself up during installation, based on the users and settings in Windows on the machine.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Anon25085

I set another chap up today with LMI Free and it didn't ask for an access code to be set  and we had to use and set an Administrator Password. this is what you use after clicking on the more tab when connecting :)

VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

It didn't ask for an access code because there was already one (at least), administrative account on that machine that is password protected.  So, you could have just logged onto the computer, through LMI, by supplying the administrative username and password that is already associated with the computer. 

I always thought that if the machine boots directly into windows, then there were no accounts with passwords.  I found out, from reading this forum, that I was wrong. 

The following two paragraphs were taken from messages posted by LMI-SEAN on these LMI forums:

LogMeIn requires the use of a password to login, now it will only ask for a username and password if it sees an administrative account that has a password.  If it does not, it will ask, during the installation, to setup an Access Code.  You can Manually setup an Access Code if you would like, by creating a user on the target Machine titled 'LogMeInRemoteUser' and assigning it a password.  Once you do so, you will be asked for the access code from then on.

When you install the software, LMI checks ALL of the Administrative User Accounts on the computer for a password.  If it finds one, it will not ask you to establish an access code, and you will have to use the Username that has a password.  Some computers have autologon turned on, which will automatically login a user of there choice without them having to enter the password, whether they have one or not.  So just because you go straight into Windows, does not necessarily mean you have no password.  (Such as my home computer )

For more information about setting the autologon feature, you can look at the command "CONTROL USERPASSWORDS" or "CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2" for XP and VISTA machines.
--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)