New Contributor
Anon1355
Accepted Solution

Forgot Computer Password / Access Code

Does anyone know how to change a computer password / access code if you don't remember the current one?  I have added a computer to my account, but for the life of me cannot remember the computer access code.
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

RE: Forgot Computer Password / Access Code

Go to the computer that you lost the password for, and do a left click on the icon in the tray (lower right corner of the screen).  Select TOOLS, and then select "Change Computer Password ...".

Hope this helps !

KGHalbe
--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor
divehardus

That requires you to enter the current password so that won't work. I'm still looking for a solution also.
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

Your right !  I thought FROM the actual computer, you could change it, but not remotely. 

How about if you use ADD/REMOVE Software and remove LogMeIn, and then do a reinstall ?  Maybe that would do it ?

KGHalbe
--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Frequent Contributor
kobiemexx

that is right. Uninstall and Reinstall Logmein have to work or if this PC windows is using a password to login then just use the user name and password that should work too.

regards
kobie
New Contributor
logmeup

No, uninstalling and reinstalling did not work for me. It must save the access code in the registry. I can log on as a user, though, and do my work.

But I still can't figure out or change that access code (or remember it). :(
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

If you do a search for the word MANUAL - you will find instructions to do a manual un-install.  It isn't quite as easy as the automated install, but it gets rid of bits and pieces that the regular uninstall may miss. 

I could not reinstall my software correctly until I did a manual uninstall on one of the computers.  Then it worked fine.

KGHalbe
--

KGHalbe

Contributor
Anon2684

I had the same problem, installed LogMeIn Free on a PC as the last thing I did that day, then travelled hundreds of miles away and next day tried to log in with the password I was SURE was the right one. It would seem it wasn't....

anyway, next time I was at that site, after much messing about trying to reset the password, then trying to uninstall and reinstall and it not asking me for a new password etc I logged into my LogMeIn account and deleted the computer from my My Computers list. Then logged out. Uninstalled LogMeIn, reinstalled it from download.com (just search for logmein) so it wouldn't carry anything over from my account and this time is asked me to put in a new password. I did and added it to my account just like a normal install.

Sorry this is so long winded... long and short of it is

Delete the computer from your My Computers list
Log out
Uninstall LMI via add/remove progs
Go to download.com and download LMI
Go through normal setup process
You should then see the PC added to your My Computers list next time you log in and the password should now be one of your choice.

Hope that helps, as I say; it did it for me.
Frequent Contributor
kobiemexx

this is windows user and Password configration is causing this
problem to 99%
I have had this problem many times the very moment I creat
a password to the user name it works all the time I dont even need
to reinstall LMI.
If you a have no password on the that host PC as many people say try creat a password and try if it works using that user name and password to login
Frequent Contributor
turnerscc

The access code is stored in the LogMeInRemoteUser's account.

In XP you can change it by the following:
Start
Run

Type: control userpasswords2
Click OK

When the window pops up click the user "LogMeInRemoteUser"
then click the reset password button