Anon56728

How do I add another e-mail account to a computer with LMI installed?

Okay, here is the issue.  I installed Logmein Free on my mother-in-laws computer to help her with it.  I used my e-mail account, but I have since signed her up under her own e-mail account and I am trying to get her computer to be recognized under that account, but when I choose to add the computer, it goes through the install process and tells me another version is intalled.  I can't uninstall it through Add/Remove Programs--it tells me another version is running or something to that effect.

There must be an easier way to add a computer to an account?  Any ideas?
Anon56657

RE: How do I add another e-mail account to a computer with LMI installed?

just delete computer from your account after log in in your a/c
then go to you mother in law computer it will say lmi is no associated with any A/c open logme in it will take you to web page where you log in with mother in law a/c it will automatically associate with her a/c

Anon56772

Well somehow this forum asked me for another Username when I logged in, so now I'm Aceman instead of AceMulder.

I assumed by "A/C" you mean "active computer?".  Is that suggestion you gave easy?  I am reluctant to delete my mother-in-laws computer from my account because she is just about helpless and it took me forever to set it up over the phone and it was very frustrating (she lives on the east coast and I am on the west coast of the US).  Once I delete her computer from my account, she has to do everything herself. 
Anon41019

You can have that pc on two account's I do it all the time goto the logme-in site login an hit users and add them

or vist https://secure.logmein.com/itr_userlist.asp?mode=admin For more info

NOTE: YOU MAY DO THIS ON ALL TYPES FREE/PRO

VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

Just as a clarification:

The secondary users are connected to the main email account.  One computer can only be associated with one account.  The one account allows you to set up secondary users, so that more than one person can access a single computer.

You can not have a computer associated with more than one master account.  When you installed the software to associate it with the one (master) account, the other master account looses its' association with that computer.
--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Anon58267

I have a similar trouble.

this is my job computer, so, in this computer another user, used the logMeIn Software, now, the other users is not working in this company, how can I use the LogmeIn Software in the same computer? I can´t contact to last users to delete this computer from his account. When I try to install the sofware I can´t, I have the error:  "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programas on the Control Panel". when I try to remove the software I have a same Error. What Can I Do? Any Idea ? ... Thanks
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

LMI-SEAN answered this questions just the other day.  I have copied his answer below:

go here https://secure.logmein.com/products/pro/support.asp and search for "Another version of this product" follow the instructions for that solution.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)