New Contributor
Gareth1980

Logmein not working on new install - enabled but offline and SSL cert issue

Hi All - Any ideas anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. 

Just installed logmein on my new 64bit Win7 PC and I’ve got "enabled but offline" and a red certificate security issue when browsing to www.logmein.com Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Gareth

Contributor
Sontec

Re: Logmein not working on new install - enabled but offline and SSL cert issue

If your biosdate has reset to say 01/01/80 and the certificat is only valid from 01/01/2000 till 01/01/2010, ypur computer will say the certificate is wrong (it's valid yet ;-))....

So check if your date & time set correctly? 

P.s. I put emphasis on date because your time could be aprox. OK, but with a complete wrong date.

New Contributor
Gareth1980

Hi, thanks for your reply

I've check the date and all is ok - still not joy.

I'm also getting an issue when i connect to www.logmein.com where is says the cert is not valid.

So frustrating

Thanks for any more help you can offer

Gareth

New Contributor
Phenom

Yes, I've the same error as you. I tried to setup the certificate manually, but it didn't work. Have you solved your problem ? I don't have this error at all on my others computers.... it's quite strange isn't it ?
New Contributor
Gareth1980

I did solve it, however the method was crude - i physically took the computer home (from work) and installed logmein from home. Took the PC to work and all worked!!!
New Contributor
Phenom

I may be a solution ^^. However, I've also succeeded to fix this problem. My computers clock was totally unconfigured, since, according to it, I was in 2000. Quite strange, but the certificate didn't work. I've just configured it (clock) to fix it. But I think I might be different in your case...