Active Contributor
insession but w

Online - In Session - Can't connect

Been using Free version for over a year now, been having problems off and on with connecting. Example - Right now my remote computer shows "Online" when I try to connect it goes to" Please wait while a connection to"  " is established". Then it tries, next goes to diagnose connection problems with Internet explorer. Then the My computers screen shows the remote computer is session, but it is not. Then after about 15 minutes it goes back to "Online"

What Gives?

Active Contributor
maroofh

Re: Online - In Session - Can't connect

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your quesion yet. But I'd just like to say that I'm having the exact same problem. When there is someone at the remote computer, I can connect fine. However it seems that once they leave it for a while, and then I try to connect later, I get the problem already described. Any suggestions?

VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

Sounds like there may be a virus program on the remote system that isn't letting you connect.  Make sure you disable it (for a test only) and then try to connect.  If it works then, you must re-enable the virus progbram, and tell it to allow LMI to access the computer.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor
yonir

I am having the same problem.

It shows for a long time the "connecting..." screen until it stops. (shows diagnostics screen when using IE)

The computer I am trying to connect from is new.

I installed windows on it two days ago and without installing any windows updates etc. I was able to use logmein fine with it.

Yesterday I re-installed windows (formatted drive C again) - this time I installed all the updates and all the other programs I use. and now I get this problem.

The computer I connect to has logmein for a long time and didn't change between the two windows installations- so it should be a problem with the PC I am using to control the other one.

I also tried connecting with logmein while kaspersky Anti-Virus is closed and it didn't help either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

New Contributor
sasa

right after you log in to that computer from the list of computers, do not hit remote control. Instead, hit Preferences, reboot options and restart log me in.

this happens to me frequently. after i do this I can connect fine when logmein restartes on the computer. 

New Contributor
sumasage

I am getting the same thing.  I am able to log into LMI then click on the computer name then it would show the screen where it try to connect (connecting....) then just show me the IE Cannont display the webpage as other has stated.  Any idea on how to fix this?

Tried Sasa's suggestion but didnt even get that far.

Thanks.