Anon63964

Printing remotely

How to print remotely???...I want to print a document from the pc being accesed on my local printer...pls help!!
Exalted Contributor
KGHalbe

RE: Printing remotely

What program are you using ? 

Are you using FREE, PRO, IT REACH, RESCUE ?  

Without this information, we can't tell you why it won't work.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Anon65094

I am using Pro and also having a problem printing remotely.  I would like to use printer connected to my remote.
Exalted Contributor
KGHalbe

What problem are you having ?  If you were to sit at the remote machine (not accessing it remotely, but sitting in front of it), does the printer work then ?

Are there several printers connected, and you can't use the one you want, or is there only one connected ?

We need more information, if you want some help.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
LogMeIn Contributor
Csaba Jaromi

Hi all,

Printing, that is a common support question. First, requirements:
1. At least NT based computers. Won't work on Win95 - 98 - ME.
2. Logmein Pro/ITR or trial versions of them on the remote (target/controlled) computer
3. Remote printing must be turned on (first, under Preferences > remote control, end of page, second in the 3-option dialog box which appears at the beginning of your first session)

Once these 3 are set, a printer called XXXXXX via Logmein should be auto-added to your remote computer's printer list during your remote control. If you print to this printer, the material should come out locally at your hand when you print.

Common issues, that the 'via Logmein' printer does not get created, or it does but does not print, or it does and prints but it weird format. These are usually due to the printer driver variations out in the world, there is so many that some may have compatibility issues. If you let me know which category you see, we can give you some tips to get it working.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

CS
Csaba Jaromi
Logmein Sales Engineer - Budapest
Anon66896

I'm using log me in free, does it have this capability?  I'm logging in from my home pc to my work computer, and trying to print something from my home printer.  I looked under preferences in all the sub menus, and didn't see anything about enabling remote printing.  help???   Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Exalted Contributor
KGHalbe

No, remote printing is NOT available in the FREE version.  That is one of the "features" that entice people to move up to the PRO version, or IT REACH.

KGHalbe
--

KGHalbe

Anon84158

Hi there,
My remote computer is Windows XP Pro and my local computer is Windows Vista Home Premium.  The default printer on my local computer is an HP network printer.  I am finding that the printer is not automatically generated in the remote computer's list of printers.  I don't know how to print it to my local printer.  I am running LogMein Pro.  Please advise.

Ejaz M
EjazMohammad@gmail.com