Anon7197

Remote Printing

Upon initial install of "Pro", I chose not to remote print (not being familiar with the product at the time).

Now I would like to Remote Print to my local, but cannot determine how to revert back to the selection option box. 

The box is checked for Remote Print under "Preferences" "Advanced".  But still does not print to local machine.

I wonder if I must uninstall and reinstall on my remote unit? 
Anon9872

RE: Remote Printing

I also have the same problem, our sales guy went too quick to stop when we talked him through install and connect. He's coming in to the office today so I'm going to try an uninstall/re-install. I'll let you know how it goes.
Anon767

***Make these changes on the computer you are using to connect to your remote PC.  Not the remote PC itself!!!***

On the computer you are using to access your remote pc... Open registry editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LogMeIn\Client\Options\

You will see a list of computers in the Options key.

Delete the key with the computer name you are having trouble with.  When you use LogMeIn to access this pc again it will ask you the initial setup questions, I.E. remote printing, clipboard, etc.

Make sure you select the remote printing box!!!!

Good Luck!
Anon9872

Many thanks dedzed. works a treat.

won't do that again in a hurry
Anon21581

Hi I'm having the same problems from my remote computer also. I'm working on a Mac and accessing a PC. I can't seem to print to my local printer attached to my Mac. I can't find the registry editor-can you be more specific?
I'd appreciate your help!
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

I don't have a MAC, but I don't think that they have a registry - hence, there is no registry editor for the MAC machines.

Also, if you are using the FREE version, remote printing is NOT an option.  It is only an option with the PRO or IT REACH programs.

KGHalbe
--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Anon21581

Well that explains the inability to find a registry editor!!
I've recently paid for the PRO program so that we could print locally. I've gone through the help manual and can't find the solution there. Any other solutions? I'm very grateful for any assistance!

SR
Anon22882

Hey, I have remote printing question regarding having no printer on my home computer and want to print my files on the computer i'm using to access my home computer, but every time i click print if gives me the image writer option. I've done remote printing before but i'm not sure how to sync my Image writer to my accessing computer.

could i get some help with this i'd be greatly appreciated.
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

When you start with LMI FREE, you are actually given the use of the PRO version for a set amount of time.  When using the PRO version, you have the option of REMOTE PRINTING.  This option is NOT available in the FREE version.  Once your PRO version expires, and it reverts you to the FREE version, you lose the capability to remote print.

Are you paying for the PRO version, or are you using the FREE version ?

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Frequent Contributor
BGlassbrook

If you are using a subscription with remote printing, and it suddenly stops printing:
  • Go into your printer list (on the remote system) and delete the LMI printer.  It should be fairly obvious, something like "LogMeIn - Imagewriter".
  • Completely disconnect from the remote host.
  • Reconnect with remote printing enabled and it will re-install the LMI pinter.