New Contributor
happydude

Remote user not able to type when connected

A friend can successfully log into my computer. She can navigate around and open programs but she can't type in any program or dialog box.

I have XP Media Center Edition w/ sp2 and she has XP Home Edition w/ sp2.

What could be causing my friend not to type in any program or dialog box?

Thank you for looking.

New Contributor
Titch

Re: Remote user not able to type when connected

I have the same issue - and first thought it was connected with the firewall (ZoneAlarm).

However after uninstalling ZoneAlarm and restarting the PC, I was still not able to type / use my keyboard to type on my friends PC.

Could it be that it is blocked when using LogMeIn Free? Any ideas or advice for both of us?

Thanks

New Contributor
DeanLesner

I'm dealing with a similar issue, and also using XP.  If I connect using Firefox or MSIE, I can use the keyboard and move the mouse, but I can't click with the mouse.  If I connect using Google Chrome, I can click with the mouse, but can't type.

Firefox keeps prompting me for an add-on but never installs it.  Google Chrome keeps telling me to adjust my settings to allow java and activex, but nothing happens when I click on the wrench icon.

New Contributor
Mikeman

I am having the same problem which started a couple of weeks ago. I have two computers that I remote to and have had no problems up until the last 2 weeks or so. My mouse movements work fine but if I send any keystokes nothing happens on the remote computer.

I am using LMI free on WinXP with all of the lastest updates along with Mozilla Firefox. I have disabled ZoneAlarm but that didn't resolve the problem.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appriciated.

~mike...