New Contributor
Anon95599

Unable to Install ActiveX Remote Access component.

Whenever i try to install the activeX component my internet explorer freezes and it wont install, this is under windows vista.
New Contributor
Anon99864

RE: Unable to Install ActiveX Remote Access component.

Hello, You need to update your internet explorer.
New Contributor
Helios2

Re: RE: Unable to Install ActiveX Remote Access component.

Has anyone found a answer/fix to this issue (Remote Access Component freezes and won't install).  I am using IE8 and everything has been working until this new RAC popup came up.

Trusted Contributor
Sonny

I had the very same problem last night.  I'm using Internet Explorer 8.  Whenever I tried to access one of my computers, it asked me to install the Remote Access Component software.  After trying to install it several times without success, I contacted support.  They told me that there was a conflict between LogMeIn and Internet Explorer 8 that they are currently working to resolve.  (I've had Internet Explorer 8 for some time without this problem.  I was told by LogMeIn that Microsoft probably patched it with a new active x control!)  In the meantime, they suggested that I use the Firefox browser.  I installed Firefox and found that I was able to access all my computers without any problem.
New Contributor
Helios2

Sonny,

Thank you for the reply and information.  I am using IE8 now also and mine had been working for some time as well.  I really don't want to install Firefox so hopefully they will find a fix soon.

If someone finds out a workaround, please report here as I am sure we can't be the only ones experiencing the issue.

Trusted Contributor
Sonny

Helios2:

I felt the same way about installing Firefox when LogMeIn suggested it.  But, since I needed immediate access to the remote computers that I access, I reluctantly bit the bullet and installed Firefox.

The installation went very smoothly and I was able to use that browser to access all of my computers.  There's nothing that prevents you from using Internet Explorer 8 to access all your other websites and using Firefox only to access your remote computers through LogMeIn.  (The Firefox browser is very straightforward; no learning curve necessary.)  I am suggesting that you do this because there is no way of knowing how long it will take LogMeIn to sort out the problem. 

Contributor
LFL_038

Hello,

I currently have the same problem.

Whenever I tried to access one of my computers, it asked me to install the Remote Access Component software and then my Internet Explorer freezes.

Did anybody success with LogMeIn and  Internet Explorer 8

I use french version 8.0.6001.18702 of Internet Explorer on french version of Windows XP Professional SP3.

I have installed the recent Microsoft Updates.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Contributor
LFL_038

It seems I have found the solution according to informations found in topic :

/board/message?board.id=12&message.id=14774

(4th post of BCVolkert

I searched  on C: drive the file RACtrl.dll (found in C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files as "Performance Viewer Activex Control")

Then right clic on it and select "update".

It work fine now.

VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

Thanks for coming back and reporting your solution.  It will help many others  in the future.  Too many people forget about the forums once their problem is solved, and that doesn't help anyone.

Once again, Thanks !!!

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor
tallaghan

thanks a million for the solution. This has broken my heart for the last couple of months. i had to use virtual pc to get round it