New Contributor
Anon91495

Unattended installation...

Is there a way to make the installation unattended? So I can send the file to a friend, and all he have to do is to click the install file...

Maybe the installation can read all it's inputs from a file or something?....

Anyone??
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

RE: Unattended installation...

You can basically do that using IT-Reach.  It is called remote deployment.  Besides clicking on the link, sent to them via email, they would also have to supply a computer name and password, both of which I think you can change on your first (or later) remote access.

If you are talking anything other than IT-Reach - LMI does not recommend, or support, the use of remote installation.  Installs done over RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) often run into problems, that can be solved by the removal and re-installation directly from the remote machine.  So, it does make a difference.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Contributor
Hans Felsh

Re: RE: Unattended installation...

[ Edited ]

Of course that capability is possible with IT Reach. However, that wasn't the question.

You instructions have been removed, as they constitued a breach of our terms and services.

The Deployment nethod is an IT Reach feature ONLY, and cannot be employed with any other version

Message Edited by Sean on 11-24-2008 04:34 AM
Contributor
PLuis

That is too bad, because it would save me a ton of time if I could deploye the LogMeIn Free to everyone and then slowly convince them that they need to get our our Managed Services program which requires the LogMeIn IT Reach subscription.

LMI Execs: You should contact Marketing/DEV/Sales about how we can all win by deploying LMI Free just as we deloy LMI-ITR.

Or is the a MSP provider that I can partner with that already has this implemented?

VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

PLuis wrote:

That is too bad, because it would save me a ton of time if I could deploye the LogMeIn Free . . .  (rest of message deleted)

It would also cost LMI much of their revenue as many people upgrade for this one feature.  I am sure that LMI has weighed the values of what is available in the free versus the paid suscriptions.

Not that you can't ask, but I wouldn't hold my breath for this to happen if I were you.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
Contributor
PLuis

I didn't realize that. Maybe that is what lead to LMI-Scout's demise? Hmm...