New Contributor
Anon5997

VPN and logmein....does it work ?

any tips or trick to get it working ?
Frequent Contributor
Anon3583

RE: VPN and logmein....does it work ?

I'm an advanced computer user, and maybe I need more information, but why do you need LMI if you're already using, or have access to, a vpn? Essentially logmein sets-up a vpn from one computer to another. If you already have secure connection through a vpn you shouldn't need LMI, you simply need the login setp-up for your vpn on your computer as a vpn can be accessed from anywhere. If you're trying to access a business/corporate vpn via LMI, my guess is it will not work (without permission from the corporate IT staff that is, in which case they'd more than likely set you up to access the vpn the "normal" way, if you're entitled to it)
LMI Free User
WIN XP HOME (Florida) to WIN XP PRO (N Virginia)
New Contributor
Anon5997

I have a PC "A" that is outside companies nework. This PC have a VPN that isup a running. I cannot stay at that PC all day, so I use home PC with logme in to contol tat PC "A". I cannot have VPN on my home PC.
So, if logmein is not right s/w then is there a s/w in market that would hanlde this scenario ?

Thanks
New Contributor
Anon11613

If I'm understanding your scenario correctly, it sounds like mine - I have a corporate laptop (like your PC "A") which I use from home to connect to my company's network through a VPN. The laptop also has LogMeIn Pro installed on it. I'm able to then remotely control this laptop (and thus connect to my company network) from any remote location. IOW, if this is your situation, LogMeIn should work fine. Hope this helps.
New Contributor
Anon19239

Sorry for the delayed response.
This is exactly my scenario, How does your VPN and Logmein work togeather ?
I had tried, it gives me an error when VPN is ON
    "Could not connect to Logmein, Please make sure LogMeIn is enabled on any firewalls and your internet connection is active"