New Contributor
Anon14233

cannot install

Hi I just signed up and when trying to install the software, I get an error saying it couldn't be installed because an internal error, Any suggestions? I tried run it and downloading it.......
thanks
New Contributor
Anon14233

RE: cannot install

never mind. it worked........
New Contributor
Anon14484

RE: cannot install

Hi, I am responding to this topic because I experienced an install problem which I believe I have solved and it may help someone else.  It's definitely solved,the only question is whether what I did was the solution.

I got the internal error, whose number I forgot.  The install locked up after the part where it warns of blinking the screen.  I was unable to repair the install or uninstall logmein.  Along the way it complained of not being able to stop the logmein service, if memory serves.  Looking at the service display (start/All programs/Administrative Tools/services) I found a logmein service with status "stopping"  and a logmein maintenance service automatic.  I was able to change the maintenance to manual??  But the logmein service could not be modified at all.

Bottom line... I disabled the automatic service start for Netmeeting which I had used on this computer before using Logmein.  Once done, I was able to reboot and re-install logmein which this time had worked.   I had tried maybe 5 different times before remembering I had a netmeeting service running.

Maybe this works for you?

PrairieDog