New Contributor
Anon46194

slow connection

THe commands sent from my remote computer seem to take ages to take effect on the host computer. Following previous post, I made the screen resolutions the same but nil change; temporarily disabled AVG - no change; temporarily disabled firewall but nil change; tried to use Java but would not connect because

"failure to connect through the HTM tunnel Error has occurred

Javasecurity  AccentControl Exception Access denied (Javanet/socket Permission (my name) agxvuvoddy.applet.logmein.com.433.connect,eresolve)"

I cannot use LMI Free running at this speed it is just too slow. Can someone please suggest something that can resolve the speed of command execution

Both machines are on Windows XP (Host is WIndows Home Ed, remote is XP Professional).
Exalted Contributor
KGHalbe

RE: slow connection

I can't think of any reason why your system is running so slow if both systems are on a broadband hookup.  I do assume that neither computer is on dial-up ?

I just wanted to let you know that normally, LMI FREE is very fast.  If you find the problem, and correct it, I am sure you will be very satisfied with the speed.

One thing that MAY have an affect, is the MIRROR DRIVER.  Try going to PREFERENCES for the computer that is so slow, and select the first group of options.  (It may be GENERAL or BASIC.)  Look for a checkbox next to ENABLE MIRROR DRIVER, and uncheck that box.  (If it IS already unchecked, then try checking it).  See if that corrects your problem. 

If the above info doesn't help, maybe someone else will have a better idea.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor
benw

Re: RE: slow connection

I have been using lmi for about 3 years on 2 x 256 speed connections it has always been a little slow but completely usable.

last week it has slowed so much it is completely useless.I have upgraded the speed on both computers to 1.5mbps but it is no different. I have not changed any settings and use active x with a black and white screen with backgrounds turned off . java is worse . 

The key strokes work ok for about 10 strokes then there is a 30 second delay before you can begin re typing

HELP!!!!!!!