New Contributor
Hansinl1

Re: Changes to LogMeIn Free

Incredible. To inform users on the same day when the free use of the program is terminated is just another way of saying goodbye. So will I. Maybe I would have chosen to pay the money after careful consideration. But forcing you to decide TODAY means a kind of pressure I am not willing to accept. It may be that I will have to pay even more for another product, getting less for it. But who makes sure that LMI does not again change their mind tomorrow? After everyone was forced to pay they might offer another free version for next users to get??? Not with me.
New Contributor
acrossthemiles

Hi 

I see you're moving to TeamViewer and with this new logmein charge i am looking for an alternate so i can continue to look after my elderly mum's computer issues (which usually amount to finding a new tab in the browser).  Which version of Teamviewer will you use?  I'm on Mac and my mum is on PC - I'm in England she's in Canada.  Thanks

New Contributor
lycrake

What a shame!

Great service, i'm more than happy to pay for the initial year of £29, but not for 2 computers. Thats ridiculous. Yesterday I had 7 computers for free, now only 2 computers for £29. Doesn't feel right... I feel you should offer more solutions. I'd pay £29 for remote access for 10computers, and none of the other stuff that comes with the pro accounts....

Annoying, will have to look for an alternative...

New Contributor
Razzy62

Sorry guys but at the moment there are too many rival products offering a free service for personal use. Bye!
New Contributor
IvanM3

+1 Thanks for all these years of service to help my parents with remote sesions, for me doesn't worth it to move to pro for ocasional connections. I guess I'm one of those how are moving to teamviewer or similar.

+1 Receiving an email saying 'This services ends today' is unacceptable. Could be nice I you have sent this email one month ago, at least...

Bad termination of relationship for a good product and service.

Ivan

New Contributor
mikmakmok44

Can only echo everyone else - nice while it lasted, this decision handled just atrociously. An email on the 21st saying it stops on the....21st. Thanks for the warning.

Who do you think is more likely to buy - random new people or loyal users? So let's annoy everyone we already have! Fools.

Contributor
chandlerp

Add me to the list of people who may have paid a small fee for access to up to ten computers but even if you offer that now I don't trust you.

New Contributor
norriefc

How fortuitous that I'd started to move my clients over to TeamViewer over the last few weeks

Absolutely disgraceful and pathetic decision to drop it onto people the same day you make it not free. I hope this creates a hellstorm of bad publicity and PR and drives people away from your products, it's the least you deserve

Tally-ho!

New Contributor
matt-h

Thanks for the free version, But this has been VERY poorly handled!

i used logmein for small amounts of personal and business, helping my parents and sister and connecting to my work PC, i use it so rarely it doesn't justify £29, i would be willing to pay £1 a month per PC for the same features as free.

But after the incredible lack of respect you have shown us with the nonexistant notice period i'm looking at alternatives.

for anyone thinking the same try this link for suggestions: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-remote-access-software.htm

New Contributor
Melo812

Never expected such a way of informing users. Keeping in mind the cost of 2 computers I definitely will move to another solution.