New Contributor
ThatSmarts

Class Action Law Suit ??

[ Edited ]

Any lawyers out there who can wade in on this ?

Would this situation merit a class action suit against LMI for world-wide sales of a product ( ignition ) that they knew was going to be discontinued in part ( relating to the Free desktop portion )without gving  prior notice?

New Contributor
fisty

Re: Class Action Law Suit ??

They really dont give a toss. I argued with them over the unfairness of it when they limited it to 10 users... and it was like talking to a wall.

I think taking the to court is the only thing that will make them sit up and take notice because thats what corporate cough coughs need to wake them up.

Perhaps an indigogo fund to sue them? Now I would pay for that, whereas 400 dollars for a years logmein access... nah id never ever pay for that!

Valued Contributor
neo979

I'm in.
New Contributor
yurslow

Its too bad.... I really like this software... They were proud to boast they had a "Free" version and it would "always be free". What lies they tell. Search the net for other FREE remote services and dump these guys like they are dumping you. 

Contributor
shawn12

I wouldn't target just the ignition access portion, but the 'Available subscriptions' list appearing within your accounts that lists the account as available until 2020-03-15 (for me). Here's an example:

http://12pd.com/s/lmi-license-lawsuit.png

New Contributor
youlostme

dont bother.  open market, they ultimately lose.  other providers grant users free access to their products and have better services to their business end products than these jokers anyway.  use them.  i wouldn't waste your time effort and money on logmein anyway.  delete your account and move on.  loss of revenue is where it will do the most damage anyway.  if they dont think the free users had other paid accounts and as a result will stop those paid accounts, I think they're sadly mistaken.  leave and dont come back.  that's the statement that needs to be made.

New Contributor
orrd

I do think there is a strong case for anyone who paid for the Ignition app, only to have it because worthless a short time later when LogMeIn went back on their promise that there would always be a free LogMeIn service to use with the app.

I send a support message to LogMeIn asking for a refund for my Ignition app.  No reply yet.  

There is at lease one class action suit starting here... 

http://classactionlawsuitcenter.com/headlines-view/logmein-ignition-for-iphoneipadandroid-class-acti...

Valued Contributor
neo979

After writing that previous post, I discovered that if you look in the terms of service for LogMeIn, we all waived our rights to a class action lawsuit. In the US, courts have held that such waivers are enforceable.

You could still sue them in small claims court, but you could easily end up paying $100 over a $30 suit, and even if you win, they will just appeal it, and then it really starts to get expensive.

I really wish we could have a class action lawsuit, and I hope that soon the US will decide to invalidate "class action waivers" altogether. But just ignoring it won't make it go away.

New Contributor
nashjar

Perhaps, but I can still file claims with the FTC and the BBB regarding the money LogMeIn has cheated me of.

New Contributor
Johnnyrt

I'm in, I have been emailing with apple itunes about a refund and they have refused. I believe this opens the door to a lawsuit against both companies.

"Hello John,

This is Nitish from iTunes Store Customer Support.

While I understand your desire to be refunded for the purchase made on AOL account, please note that according to the iTunes Terms of Sale, all sales are final. It also states that it is the developers of third party applications who will provide all support and assistance regarding those specific applications, and any in-apps that may have been purchased through them.

Since they are the creators of the apps, they are the best to know of any tips and tricks to help your app behave as it should. Please contact them for further assistance as your purchases made through that application cannot be refunded by iTunes Store support.

Here is a link to the iTunes Terms of Sale:

http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/ww/

Your understanding is appreciated. Please note that should you submit a new refund request for that content, it will be automatically received by myself, and I will be happy to direct you to the developer for further assistance.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Nitish
iTunes Store Customer Support "