New Contributor
StuC

Constant Lag

We have a collection of Free and Pro2 users here and all are experiencing constant "lag spikes".  They can run for 10 seconds then have no input for 10 seconds.......

They connect to XP and windows7 machines and we use a DrayTek Vigor2920 router from multiple ISP home connections .

At first I thought it might be the router but Teamviewer and VNC connections run without such a problem... ?

Retired LogMeIn Contributor
PerryB

Re: Constant Lag

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your question!  Speed issues during remote control can sometimes be addressed by lowering the color settings of remote control (going from color to grayscale). However, your issue maybe a little more complicated if you have multiple ISPs and a robust firewall assisting in managing those connections.  You may want to get a list of the current IP ranges to configure in your router.  Then reset and retry.   I hope this helps.

New Contributor
StuC

Ive traced the solution.

On the Vigor 2920  it has in built DOS secutiry which is kicking in when using Logmein.

"Enable UDP flood defense" was set to a threshold of 150 packes/sec,  rasing that to 300 seems to have fixed the problem.

New Contributor
thecavemankevin

I too had this exact problem with the same router.  Thank you so much for the quick and easy fix!

FYI, i was able to use logmein ignition app from my android devices without any noticible lag, but real computers had the lag.  I was pulling my hair out and my customer was getting quite upset since I just sold them on the draytek for multiple security reasons.  

Thank you StuC

New Contributor
mazingtree

I have a number of Draytek routers on sites that we support usign LogMeIn including the Vigor 2820, 2830 and 2930 and this has fixed the problem.  It did not appear to be simply a draytek problem because for sites where we used VoIP or other apps that are affected by the UDP flood defense we had turned off the UDP flood defense completely and so those routers did not experience the problem which made it appear rather random. 

I've been suffering this for around 2-3 years or more, so thank you so much for the fix!!! 

I've just tested this on 5 sites, including one which was absolutely impossible - it would only work for 10 secs then stall for around 15 secs.

I have changed from 150 to 300 packets/second and the one above now works even on the logmein HD setting :-)

Note: We always set the display resolution to the lowest colour setting in an effort to help the situation.  Why would we need it any higher for IT Support use?