Contributor
jwright8

Errors at shutdown and log on (Bad Image and LMI Client DLL)

On one of the systems I use, every time I shut down or started up the computer suddenly started showing errors. I'm not sure this is relevant, but I was recently given a 7 day trial of LogMeIn Pro by the support staff that expired around the same time. 

RAM: 24 GB

HDD: Primary drive is SSD (OS/web browser only), secondary drives are HDD

I've tried uninstalling LogMeIn completely to make the errors go away, but they won't.  I've tried scanning for viruses and malware using:

TrendMicro Online Scanner

Avast Antivirus

Malwarebytes Anti-malware

Spybot: Search & Destroy

I've tried defragmenting, running chkdsk C: /r, running disk cleanup, and running CCleaner to no avail.  I've also run Memtest to check my RAM, just in case. 

The errors are as follows:

When I boot up the computer:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/gmwtmw/photo2.jpg

When I shut down the computer:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/gmwtmw/photo1.jpg

Any help is much appreciated; thanks!

Contributor
jwright8

Re: Errors at shutdown and log on (Bad Image and LMI Client DLL)

Oh, for those that would rather not click links, the bootup error is the following:

C:\Windows\system32\LMIRfsClientNP.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

The shutdown error is the following:

Title: Windows - Bad Image
Exception Processing Message 0xc000007b Parameters 0x000007FEFD73718C 0x000007FEFD73718C 0x000007FEFD73718C 0x000007FEFD73718C

New Contributor
MJ99

I am experiencing the same issue.  It began occurring after applying a LogMeIn update.

New Contributor
Etdashou

Hello,

I would really appreciate a response from the LogMeIn team. I have the exact same error and it is very annoying because my pc won't shutdown or boot totally until I click "OK" on the error message.

Thank you

New Contributor
Etdashou

I have found a solution that worked fine for me. I have found a website that talks about it.

http://pariswells.com/blog/fixes/lmirfsclientnpdll-is-not-a-valid-windows-image

A computer with the LogMeIn Free Client installed randomly generated the error message “LMIRfsclientNP.dll is not a valid Windows Image” on logging into windows. This is due to a corruption of the file accessed by Net and Userinit.exe. To clear this error simply reinstall the LogMeIn Free Client. You can get this from www.logmein.com

I have:

1- Uninstalled LogMeIn.

2- Shutdown (no error message - so it is officially a LogMeIn problem)

3- Boot PC (no error message at log on)

4- Re-installed LogMeIn

5- Shutdown/Boot (everything is ok)

Sad that their is no reply from LogMeIn staff on this Post after that much time... sigh.

New Contributor
frelou

same error here, re-installing logmein can be done if you have physical access to the machine. How about machine onlx accessible through logmein ?
New Contributor
Rwes

I've had same problem and now my computer is unresponsive when logging on - ie mouse and keyboard don't work. I can log into via a logmein control panel. But this glitch is affecting my ability to access ahome computer.

WHY HASN'T THIS ERROR BEEN FIXED??

New Contributor
empirewes

I'm getting this same eroor, mpnotify.exe - bad image. 

Now computer is unresponsive...what's the deal here?