New Contributor
Interphaze

Hotkey for switching between dual monitors on LogMeIn remote control sessions

When remote controlling a system with dual monitors, it's very cumbersome to have to use the mouse to go to the flyout toolbar in order to flip back and forth between them.  A hotkey (alt + left/right arrows?) to switch between monitors would make it much more usable.

It seems to be a reoccuring topic in the user to user support forum, but I didn't see a formal suggestion posted for it.  So here it is :)

Thank you,

James

New Contributor
Primitive

Re: Hotkey for switching between dual monitors on LogMeIn remote control sessions

I came into the forum just to post this suggestion.  I use LMI primarily on dual monitor machines, and it's a bit cumbersome at the moment.  Seconded.
New Contributor
cochlear2009

Re: Hotkey for switching between dual monitors on LogMeIn remote control sessions

Thirded, if there is such a word.

It is quite annoying especially if someone is using the system and you just want to monitor the information on both screens.  A hot key would be ideal!

New Contributor
crcurran

I too have come into the forums to post this same request and I've never been in this forum before so I guess this a hot user request.  Are you developers listening??  :)

At the very least please add a multi-monitor keyboard shortcut to your Ignition software for the PC.  That covers most of your user base with the least coding and testing.  I assume it would be more diffucult to develop this feature in Java/Activex.

The financial world tends to use multi-monitors and they tend to have a lot of money spend on remote control software.

As a CTO, if that feature was added I'd buy ~15 annual Ignition licenses on the spot for my executive users!  Probably more licenses later.

New Contributor
johnny royale

I would also like to throw my inconsiderable weight behind the 'hotkey for switching between dual monitors on LogMeIn remote control sessions' campaign.  It really would be great.  In fact it's so necessary I might even consider trying out some LMI rivals who do offer that feature.
New Contributor
gromag

I would really love if Logmein added a hot key for switching between monitors!

Having to drag the mouse on the top right corner, wait for the delayed menu bar to slide down, then click the switch monitor button, all this most often overcomes the benefit of having the machine using dual monitor when remotely connected.

It's so annoying that most of the time I prefer to disable one of the monitor rather having to constantly repeat the cumbersome procedure.

New Contributor
jamon51

Also would love this. I found it searching to see if there was a hotkey available.
Trusted Contributor
JeremyS.

To switch displays, hold down left CTRL + left Windows Key, and use the left and right arrow keys to cycle through the available displays.  The "All Monitors" option is part of this cycle, as well.
Jeremy Soltys
LogMeIn Customer Support Rep
Frequent Contributor
frank.denman

Is there a way to do this using a keyboard that doesn't have a Windows key?

Thanks!

Frank

New Contributor
echamings

this didn't work on the mac plugin. Can you tell me how to do it on the mac?