New Contributor
salmanzk
Accepted Solution

How to login to Computer without User Password Set

I am using Logmein Free version. When I try to login with this  program to a computer which has  no user password set at login screen then I receive an error.

Tell me how to enable Logmein to remote control that computer which has no User password enable?

LogMeIn Contributor
JoshN

Re: How to login to Computer without User Password Set

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your question!

You can create an Access Code on the computer to be used instead of the Windows username and password. Below is a link containing the steps to accomplish this on the host computer.

http://help.logmein.com/SelfServiceKnowledgeRenderer?type=FAQ&id=kA030000000DGFOCA4&search=1&kw=acce...

Joshua Nelson

User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.

New Contributor
salmanzk

Thanks for your quick reply and the question is answered. I am grateful to you!!!!

Best Wishes.

New Contributor
emomanin

New Contributor
drewekatz

I have a mac at home with no password. Normally on my computers without a system password I just have to use the Access Code and I'm good to go. But my mac at home doesn't have a password and when I try to login to it I get a username and password prompt. So I can't figure out how to login. It doesn't simply ask for Access Code.

Thanks for your help.

New Contributor
beej17

I have a similar problem however I do have the Computer Access code set up on the remote computer and it was working fine. Then the remote computer had a hard drive failure so I had to reinstall LogmeIn and I set up the same computer access code. Now when I try and access it remotely I get an error that says the user doesn't have Administrative access to the computer. The user account on the remote computer is set up as Administrator. Any ideas on what's wrong?