Active Contributor
GeorgeWood

LogMeIn Ignition - Winows 8

Hi guys, My HTPC was due for a reinstall so I decided to bite the bullet and try Windows 8 CP. On my iPhone and iPad I can log in with the Ignitian File browser, but I can no longrer log in with Desktop mode; incidentally I can still log in and view my Desktop when done via the Logmein web app on the Home Page. I hope this makes some kind of sense, I would really welcome any help, is this just a problem with Winows 8? Kind regards, George PS I submitted the error message after the prompt, and I'm running the latest version of LogMeIn on my iOS devices.
Active Contributor
GeorgeWood

Re: LogMeIn Ignition - Winows 8

UPDATE... LogMeIm works just fine with Windows 8, I logged on from my other PC and even using Safari on my iPad, I had no problems accesing the Win 8 host machine. The only thing I can't do is use the actual IOS App on the iPhone / iPad; when running these Apps they start to connect, then the Apps lock up before the connection can be completed. Has anyone else had any experience with LMI ignition iOS App accessing Windows 8? Kind regards, George
New Contributor
markbyrn

Same problem - the iOS apps don't work when connecting to a Win 8 machine.

New Contributor
jonnyd47

Re: LogMeIn Ignition - Windows 8

It doesn't seem to be very compatible with Windows 8.  My issue is my computer is hooked to my HD TV with 1920x1080 Resolution and it cuts off half my screen and won't match my resolution or something comparable.  It even makes the mouse not match where it actually is on the computer so you aren't clicking where you think you are.  I have Windows 7 installed on this same machine on a different hard drive and have no problem with it.

New Contributor
saje24

Hello,

I have the same problem as jonnyd47 (windows 8 + 1920x1080 = cut screen and  shifted mouse).

if someone finds a solution, I am very interested !

New Contributor
RubenKOALA

Same problem! Igntion App on iPhone or iPad does not work if the running machine has Windows 8. It opens in the Metro screen and I can´t get past it. Hopefully they read these posts and fix this fast!

New Contributor
leegraber

[ Edited ]

I have the same exact problem and scenario as jonnyd47 too.  PC connected to HDTV same resolution, Have Win 7 on one drive, it works.  Upgraded to Win 8 on another drive, same PC and it doesn't.

At first I only saw a blank screen when connecting to my Windows 8 machine with my iPad or another PC, but was able to see the desktop after I disabled the display accelerator on the Win 8 box.  Now the resolution and mouse problem make it useless.

New Contributor
dkyzar

[ Edited ]

Yeah, same here.

I bought the iPad app a while back before LMI started their new pricing structure.  I was grandfathered in and have been using the Free host on Win 7 no problem.

Now with Win 8 I am able to see the screen, but when I move the mouse a bit or click on anything, it freezes the computer TIGHT.  Have to hit the reset button.

I noticed they have a new Pro download for Win 8.  I wonder if they will use this as an opportunity to say that any Win 8 users have to buy the Pro service.

New Contributor
JazJon

This is the second post that suggests turning off the display accellortor to fix the black screen when conneting via iphone.    Could you please let us know where to disable it from?

Windows 8 with a Lenovo W520 (Intel HD Graphics 3000 & NVIDIA QUADRO 1000)  

There is no troubleshoot tab.  

dxdiag doesn't let you change anything (only view a few read only tabs)  

I'm not sure where else to look, I've poked around NVidia control panel but didn't find anything.

New Contributor
bloodmyst

Seriously? LMI still isn't compatible with Windows 8? Wow.