New Contributor
omedeiros

LogMeIn for Ubuntu

Anyone else running LogMeIn on Ubuntu 10.10? I tried to add computer like I normally do, but msi is not a recognized file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Retired LogMeIn Contributor
JoshN

Re: LogMeIn for Ubuntu

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your question!

Currently, we do not have any LogMeIn software products that allow Remote Control of the Linux operating system.

Joshua Nelson

User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.

New Contributor
Anon127786

Hi,

I used vnc for that. logmein is installed on windows pc in the same lan as ubuntu pc, from windows i connect using vnc to ubuntu. That is the only way around i could find maybe some else would have a better suggestion. As far as i am aware logme in is comming only for mac and for windows OS but please prove me that i am wrong!

New Contributor
ozzyozborn92

wow that's rich the LMI person clearly not ackknowledging the fact that they do have betas in their labs, go check it out

LogMeIn Hamachi² for Linux (Beta) - command line versionUpdated: 12/07/2010 The beta release of LogMeIn Hamachi² for Linux is a secure VPN client for the Linux platform, offering connectivity from dispersed environments to your resources. Currently this version has a command line interface only. 

Download the installer from here:
32 bit version:
logmein-hamachi-2.0.1.13-1.i486.rpm
logmein-hamachi_2.0.1.13-1_i386.deb
logmein-hamachi-2.0.1.13-x86.tgz

64 bit version:
logmein-hamachi-2.0.1.13-1.x86_64.rpm
logmein-hamachi_2.0.1.13-1_amd64.deb
logmein-hamachi-2.0.1.13-x64.tgz

New Contributor
BjarteR

Uhm, there's a difference between LogMeIn remote sessions and Hamachi VPN-connections.

New Contributor
Anon127786

Hi OzzyOsborne92,

I am looking to setup remote control not VPN.

Thanks

New Contributor
energisedelectr

To run a msi on ubuntu you must first mark with an excicutable bit. Right click the msi file, click the permissions tab and then click the check box Allow executing file as program.

I have also seen a logmein.deb and .rpm file if that helps

New Contributor
Alwaysright

your kinda right, however once you get that 5.x.x.x ip address through hamachi you can use it to connect to the ubuntu system through remote desktop, its what I do...

New Contributor
magdacosta

hi,

still now, do not have any products?

New Contributor
triviageek

An easier option than VNC is that the latest versions of Ubuntu come with "Desktop Sharing".  It is very easy to enable by searching in the "dash" for remote; you will find an option for "Desktop Sharing".  

Once enabled, you'll need to use logmein to login to one of your PCs or Macs on your home network.  On  your Mac/PC, browse in the network for your Ubuntu machine, right click and choose "Screen Share" or "Remote Control".  

Hopefully LogMeIn will leverage this "Remote Desktop" feature of Ubuntu 12 into an easy to install .deb package so you don't need another machine.  Hope that helps!