New Contributor
younso
Accepted Solution

Logmein slow on Windows 7 computer

I used to have Logmein Free installed on my home computer with Win XP. I have now installed Win 7 Enterprise 64 bits and I find the connection very slow on my machine. I have tried accesing my computer from 2 other computers, one with XP and one with Win 7 Enterprise 64 bits, no difference. Are there any known conflicts?

Simon

Retired LogMeIn Contributor
JoshN

Re: Logmein slow on Windows 7 computer

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

We did have a known latency issue that was brought to our attention last week affecting some users. This issue was resolved today at 3pm Eastern Standard Time and has restored the session experience for users that were having issues with speed. You can submit a support ticket on our website if you are still having latency issues.

Joshua Nelson

User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.

New Contributor
younso

Well, I do not know if that has solved my problem or just the fact that uninstalled the program and re-installed it. The version I have now is 4.1.0.1868 and the great thing is that everything works, even via my Iphone :smileyvery-happy:.

New Contributor
TerryB

I recently install Windows 7 on both my home and office desktop computers. Now when I go to logmein, I can barely read the screen, whereas before the screen was just as if I was sitting at home in front of the monitor!! What am I doing wrong?

Also, every time I log in I get a Java message at the top of the screen asking "run this time" or "always run on this computer" and no matter what I say, it keeps asking every time!!

This seems to be different that the latency issue, but rather the screen is highly "pixelated" or something and very illegible...

Help!

thanks

TerryB

New Contributor
RWMellen

Logmein slow on Windows 7 computer and causing internet connection to be dropped

I still have issues with Logmein being slow when connecting to a Windows 7 Computer as of this past weekend.

On this same computer there are also issues with the internet connection beign dropped on the machine after it goes into stanby/hibernation mode.  In looking thru forums for a resolution to my problem I have run across the notion that by installing logmein on computers running windows 7 that this has caused this problem.  Aftter uninstalling the program by others the problem has been resolved.  Any comment to this issue before I try it?

Frequent Contributor
Foques

John, that's odd approximately as of 3pm, I am not able to share a screen with my iMac at all..

I did reboot it, I can see the screen, but the connection times out.

New Contributor
jiml2au

Hi,

I have several connections 2 to XP which runs fine and 1 to windows 7 which runs like a dog. The W7 computer runs fine it's the iphone 4 which takes ages to display whats on the W7 screen.

What do I need to do to fix this problem on the Windows 7 computer?

Thanks

New Contributor
Michael7

I have found LMI to be slow also, but I have found some solutions that more than doubled my speed.

As stated in an earlier post when doing a file transfer you must select the browser options by clicking the File Manager icon.

This is what I have found that really slowed down my system...the free anitvirus programs. I removed Avast, AVG, and the others from my clients computers and my computer and installed Microsoft Security Essentials.  I went  from 32kbs to 110 kbs transfer speed....and sometimes faster depending on the size of the file. Sometimes free is not free.  These free antivirus programs intentions are good, but I found that they slow the OS response time. I'm not promoting Microsoft... or do I have emotional ties to the OS.  However, I do have alot of emotion when it come to billing my clients. Bottom line it's been working so far.

New Contributor
jmason

Logmein works on ever other location I'm at, traveking in hotels, coffee shops old house & friends houses. I moved about six weeks ago and I can't get my logmein to work. It goes quickly to each page of signing in, then it freezes on the welcome page. It finally catches up and to the next screen with at least 4-5 minutes delays between each screen. I tried to go on directly from my Mac. I also have windows 7 on my Mac and tried it with the same result. I also have a laptop with windows & on it, again with the same result. This is only happening in my house. Brighthouse (cable) said they have all the right connections on their end! PLease help, I really like logmein, it has been extremey helpful since I travel a lot for work. Thank you, Jill