New Contributor
ks-man
Accepted Solution

Remote Control on Mac is slow

I see a lot of threads about slow LMI performance on the Mac but all of them are from over 2 years ago. This makes me wonder if the issue was solved and I'm just doing something wrong.  I get atrocious performance when using LMI and connecting to my Mac.  Connecting to a PC is fine.  Is this still a known issue making LMI unusable on a Mac (I'm using a 24" iMac) or is there a setting that I am missing?

Thank you.

New Contributor
wmgilligan

Re: Remote Control on Mac is slow

Super slow!...

Using LMI from my new macbook air to access a pc - sloooooowwww...

Actually gave up on it.

Frequent Contributor
WallyLong

Thank you for your post.

LogMeIn is not what controls the speed of the connection.  The speed of the connection is based off the internet speed at both host and client locations and the internet connection between them.  You may want to restart the router and/or modem at these locations and try to make the connections again.  

If you need further help beyond this, please click the link below to submit a ticket about the issue:

https://secure.logmein.com/support/submitaticket/

Thank You,

Wallace Long III    |   Customer Support Representative

· ·· LogMeIn, Inc.

www.LogMeIn.com   |   wlong@LogMeIn.com 

p. +1-781-897-0606   |    f. +1-781-933-2390

500 Unicorn Park Drive, Woburn, MA 01801, USA

Contributor
mctavish

LogMeIn just doesn't work as well on Mac hosts as it does on Windows. I saw this in a recent reveiw, but I can't find the reference.

But it has certiainly been my consistant experience. If I directly access a VM running Windows on my Mac, it works much better than does accessing the Mac, where page drawing is noticeably slow whether I am working on the Mac host or on the Windows VM accessed through the Mac.

Reducing the color setting helps, but it is still not nearly as good as it is with a Windows host.

New Contributor
GeorgDee

Unfortunately, Wallace Long III, you are totally not getting it.

Checking the router and all that has NOTHING to do with anything here.

I also just started using MAC and today was the first time connecting using my new Mac.

It immediately was OBVIOUS that remote controlling with a MAC was terribly slow.

I disconnected and reconnected with my Windows7 laptop and enjoyed the rather peppy session.

Logging in again via MAC right after using the PC was very slow again.

Ergo - it's NOT the connection or anything - it's something with the MAC.

Please help.

New Contributor
MattCalvin

It is definetely not a connection speed issue, but the way your software works on Macs.  I believe it has to do with the refreashing of the screen.  When the screen finally loads, it works fine, but any time you move a screen or open a new program, the screen has to reload. 

New Contributor
Anon37550

I agree. I use it from PC to PC and it's smooth and fast. When I access my windows 7 from my Mac OS 10.6.6, it runs very slow (screen latency). LogMeIn on my Mac actually runs faster in Parellels through IE than it does natively in Safari. I also have frequent disconnects, which are related to a crash of the LogMeIn server on the PC, which only happens on the Mac.

Let me know if you guys need any more info.

Thanks,

t.

New Contributor
b00st3d

weird, i have no issues running through firefox without the mac plugin.

if you guys are using the plugin, maybe thats was is causing the latency?

New Contributor
jmshrrsn

Seems it may be due to Safari.  Just tried using Firefox and it appears to be much faster... not perhaps as fast as it used to be when I was a Windows person, but it appears to be better than trying Logmein with Safari.

(PS: In the UK we have an Act of Parliament called the Disability Discrimination Act - shame the rules of that Act don't stretch to us Mac users - I do feel like software/online firms treat us somehow as not worth bothering about!)

New Contributor
marvious

We suffer the same problems with LogMeIn to macs.  Always ludricously slow.  Nothing to do with the connection - PCs on the same site are fine.  Does anyone have any solutions or alternatives?