New Contributor
pguizze
Accepted Solution

Remote printer does not show up on remote PCs

That's 2 days that I'm trying to remotely print on my network printer at home from remote PCs.

My default printer never shows up on them...

I have the latest version of Ignition. Whatever remote PC I'm connecting, my brand new HP printer is not appearing in the Printer control panel.

I've tried as well directly from the browser (and downloaded the latest ActiveX control as of 24.02.2010) with the same results. Strange thing, the Remote Printing option is greyed out ?!?!?

I tought that it was the gact that I'm using a network printer from my home PC. I therefore installed that printer via USB directly to the PC i?m using LMI one. Same results. No printer on the remote PCs...

PLEASE HELP !

N.B: I had an EPSON before connected bia USB and it was working. M problem is linked to the fact that this is a HP printer ? I doubt...

New Contributor
pguizze

Re: Remote printer does not show up on remote PCs

Quick update.

I've deleted another printer on one of my Remote PC and ...hop suddelny I got the HP xxx via Logmein !! And  It worked for that session. Once I closed that session, and reopened a new one a few minutes after, no remote printer anymore...grrrrrr !

New Contributor
pguizze

FYI,

The PC I use Ignition/LogMeIn Pro is a Windows 7 fully updated and the remote PCs are VISTA fully updated.

My local printer is an HP Photosmart Premium 309a.

Thank for your help !

New Contributor
pguizze

A start of an answer:

In fact, it worls perfectly.....after 10 minutes !!!

In fact, if I let the remorte PC connection open for at least 8 to 10 minutes, the printer finally appears !!!

Even if it works, this is not acceptable.

Why so long ?

All the rest is pretty fast and I do not have any delay in anything else....

Frequent Contributor
Brad_A

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble Pguizze. We have been working on an issue with certain models of HP printers not connecting properly to host systems.

Resolving this is a top priority for us right now and we hope to have it sorted out shortly.

Thank you very much for your report and your patience.

Brad

Contributor
NotLoco

"Strange thing, the Remote Printing option is greyed out ?!?!?"

LogMeIn says...

We are aware of an issue where the local printer does not properly connect to the host computer. The printer icon will remain grayed out and unclickable in the Remote Control ribbon. We are currently working to resolve this as soon as possible. As a workaround, after connecting to the host computer, go to Full Screen mode. To do this, click the Options button on the black Remote Control ribbon and click the Full Screen button all the way to the right.

New Contributor
Anon90645

Any solution Yet?

New Contributor
richardsalon

same problem here. My brand new HP C4700 doesn't show up while the old broken printer always did. Frustrating when I need it for business. Will a fix be posted on this board? Thanks.

New Contributor
Anon41037

My Canon LPB 5050 colour printer also (new) - Logmein did not install it on remote PC now I can't print work documents at home. Is there a solution. Please help ? Got Logmein Pro.

New Contributor
tonyackerman

Brad,

Do you have a list of HP models that exhibit this behavior?   I'm running into the same issue, wondering if the model I have is one of those identified or if it's a new manifestation.