Anon47120

Reset Computer Access Code?

Is is possible to reset a computer access code.  I am using LogMeIn Free.

Thank you

Linda
Anon71556

RE: Reset Computer Access Code?

I usually just reinstall if I need to do this.

Control Panel, Add/Remove, log into LMI, remove the computer assigned to the account and then reinstall (Add Computer) at the PC - takes about 5 minutes.
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

Another solution, is to RIGHT-CLICK on the LMI icon in the systray, and select TOOLS.  One of the TOOLS is to CHANGE COMPUTERS PASSWORD. 

It only takes about 30 seconds.

I am not sure if you have to be there AT the computer, or if it can be done remotely, but it is worth a try.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
LogMeIn Contributor
SKeough

You need to be physically there to do this.
Anon71556

another good option KG - but for my environment I disable the systray icon
Anon139546

One problem...This doesn't reset the access code. It resets the windows password.
New Contributor
???...

Re: RE: Reset Computer Access Code?

any solution on this?  as the last post mentioned, the steps provided don't actually reset the compuer access code.
VIP Contributor
KGHalbe

Actually, is DOES reset the computer access code despite what the last two messages seem to say.

If you RIGHT-click on the LMI systray icon, and select TOOLS, one of the options is to CHANGE COMPUTER PASSWORD (which IS the LMI access code).  When you select this option, you are presented with a windows that asks you to enter the NEW access code twice (once for verification).

At this point, when you use LogMeIn to access this computer, you would enter the NEW access code, as the old code is now invalid.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor
Lemos

OK, I'm having exactly the same problem, I forgot the Computer Access code, but I'm on a Mac. When I right-click the LMI icon, the only option I'm given in 'Tools' is 'Check for Updates...'

I've tried reinstalling but no prompt for new password.

Help, anyone?
New Contributor
JohnStuckey

How does the access code reset work on a Mac?

Thank you.

John