New Contributor
FH_3
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 - - Error 1326 - Username and Password are correct!

Hi.

I am running windows 7 on the computer i wish to connect to, i have successfully connected to it before, using log me in free. I am using windows xp to control the windows 7 computer.

Recently i have attempted to connect to the computer, but i am being informed that my username and password are incorrect, but they are correct. My password contains lowercase letters and numbers, no special characters.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks for your time

AS1
Contributor
AS1

Re: Windows 7 - - Error 1326 - Username and Password are correct!

i had it to yesterday its simple to fix,

you have to type

COMPUTERNAME\Loginname  as username (note: computername = name of computer  |   Loginname is you windows logon name)

AS1

Dcn
New Contributor
Dcn

Thanks, I had the same issue and it works perfectly now.
New Contributor
KOREL

This is the perfect solution!, Thanks!

New Contributor
DallasKnox

I had been serching for this every where for the last 3 days. This worked perfectly. Thanks alot. Seems to be a windows 7 problem.

Dallas

New Contributor
austmeliamne

Awesome.  I just installed Logmein for the first time and tried a local control test on my windows 7 system.  I was getting the 1326 error, but the solution provided here worked perfectly.  Thanks for the posted fix.:smileyvery-happy:
New Contributor
tdooley

Was having the same problem!  Trying to log in from my iphone, kept thinking I was typing my password wrong lol.  When is Logmein going to fix this, I wasted time repeatedly reconnecting :)  Thanks for posting the solution!
New Contributor
Japita

I dont get it My Login and password work on accessing one computer but when i try to connect to a different one  i get the error 1326 what gives????
New Contributor
Sibanyoni

Works great for me on Windows 7 Build 7100!
New Contributor
buck2

Absolutely AWESOME that you posted this answer and it solved the problem. I would NEVER have guessed this on my own, so thank you for posting it here as a "solved" solution. I had "locked out" my IP address from work every day until reading this.

Thanks! Now let's hope LMI makes this a best-practice solution so people actually know about it.