New Contributor
Machine Knight

Cannot uninstall Hamachi

I am unable to uninstall hamachi because it will not uninstall without accessing hamachi-update.msi.

I've tried searching the forums for the issue and while i have found guides for manual uninstalling it they seem not to not work.

Anyone have any ideas or advice?
New Contributor
rev386

Re: Cannot uninstall Hamachi

I'm having the same issue. I'm trying to get one of my computers back online w/ Hamachi2 but to no avail. I figured a clean install. Nope, I can't uninstall. I know they're upgrading stuff this morning... I'm hoping this fixes all.
New Contributor
Yannickw

I also cannot uninistall on SBS 2008 platform. Worked fine on Windows 7 laptop though.

New Contributor
Goattee

• On my Windows 7 machine I cannot load the Hamachi2 client because it crashes everytime it says it is updating.
  • I cannot do an "overinstall" to write a new image of Hamachi on the machine.
  • I cannot uninstall either.

This seems all due to the installer's insistance on finding a module called hamachi-update. I hope someone has a solution!

New Contributor
mike_athome

Does anyone know the specific registry key that we need to delete to fix this?

New Contributor
Goattee

Maybe this will help someone in the future. Delete (or to be more conservative, rename it by appending an X to the key's name): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\2F1C8FD962ED3D9409B931C2C3A5EC6B\SourceList

New Contributor
sponge15150

i am having trouble uninstalling hamachi becuse it freezes on validating install what do i do help please

New Contributor
Kresharth

Goatee, YOU ARE THE MAN/WOMAN!!!!!

I tried an uninstaller, tried CCleaner, but your suggestion was the solution :)

New Contributor
Cid_X

Thank you! While my key name wasn't 2F1C8..., finding it by looking for Hamachi on the right panel was no problem. After deleting the key I was able to reinstall succesfully. Thanks again.

New Contributor
Jewnaa

Thanks

Folder name was diff on my sys but its worked, I have reinstalled new version and its working

Thanks again