New Contributor
Sam-Tisdale

Hamachi HAs lost the connection to the engine ?!!!

pleeeease
im getting this message since a long time ago
and my hamachi doesnt work !!!
and i go to services and restart it and restarted my Laptop and still its not working !!!

please help me
this is the messgae that when i run my hamachi appear : Hamachi has lost the connection to the engine
please help me !
New Contributor
Sam-Tisdale

Re: Hamachi HAs lost the connection to the engine ?!!!

here is an image for the problem :

[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/rk39rm.jpg[/IMG]

plzzzzzzz help me please :(
New Contributor
AdiSan

Hi,

this happens to me if the service "LogMeIn Hamachi 2.0 Tunneling Engine" is not started.

1.: Go to "Manage": http://fastrackcomputing.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=791&stc=1&d=1187095530
2.: Services
3.: Start the tunneling engine auto/manual

Works for me.

Hope this helps.
Contributor
BKSwindell

I too have the same problem. I cannot open the client but the neworking is working (Ping and File sharing). The service is running and i have tied to restart the service and the computer. Also i have removed the h2-ui.log and it sometimes works but only for a while. After a few minutes the hamachi client closes and will generate the error: "hamachi has lost the connection to the engine." when I try to open it up again.
Contributor
BKSwindell

here is my h2-ui.log file

http://65.51.163.206:8080/h2-ui.log.txt

Im am receiving alot of errors like:

02/26 10:07:57.607 ipc: invalid state 4 for message 40

Does anyone know what this meens?
Contributor
BKSwindell

An i have also generated a error in the log right before the other errors:

02/26 10:07:56.903 ipc: on_io_error(too big, 1480436)

New Contributor
Wingwalker84

If you get the error stating that Hamachi has lost the connection to the engine, follow the steps that AdiSan has listed and it will solve your problem.

New Contributor
dawolf

I had the same issue with Windows 7, Run as Administrator solved it. Same will probably apply to Vista. In the past When I have had alot of issues, I have disabled UAC and that also helped.

New Contributor
promba

[ Edited ]

BUMP.

We're running Hamachi in a commercial environment on Windows Server 2003 SP2.  We've been running Hamachi as a service for about 2 years now, and we noticed this problem while doing some routine maintenance. 

I recently ran across this article:

http://help.logmein.com/SelfServiceKnowledgeRenderer?type=FAQ&id=kA030000000DGCxCAO&search=1&kw=fail...

The article mentions a registry key called "EngineConfigDir".  However, the article only mentions that it exists in one spot.  I actually found it in two locations:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LogMeIn Hamachi\EngineConfigDir

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\LogMeIn Hamachi\EngineConfigDir

In both cases, this key had the value:

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Application Data\LogMeIn Hamachi

On our failover system (which has the same configuration), I did the following:

1. Created a new directory, C:\Program Files\LogMeIn Hamachi\config
  2. Changed both EngineConfigDir values in the registry to "C:\Program Files\LogMeIn Hamachi\config"

I then restarted the Hamachi service, and I was able to successfully start the GUI.

This effectively erased the Hamachi settings for this system, BUT it gets us to a point where we are able to start the GUI.

I will keep you guys posted.

Frequent Contributor
A_Pickle

Yeah, I'm having this stupid problem too.  Looking into alternative VPN solutions, because I'm tired of Hamachi not working... right when I need it to work.  I'm done with this crap.  Make a good product and maybe I'll come back.