Just want to chime in and say that I have the same problem.
Suddenly, browsers can't access any websites. If I reset the local area connection it works again for a while. Disabling the Hamachi network adapter fixes it "permanently".
However, if streams and IM programs (Windows Live Messenger and Skype) seem unaffected by this. They keep going when browsers can't get through.
This does not happen all the time. It can go for a while with no problems, then suddenly act up really bad. Sometimes the problem disappears after resetting the local area connection a couple of times. Sometimes I have to restart. Sometimes it goes away by itself after a while.
It happens on both my laptop and desktop.
I have reordered the network adapters like they should be (local area connection on the top, hamachi at the bottom), and the network metrics are also set according to the FAQ. (Hamachi at 9000, local area connection at 100)
I had the same problem about a year ago and have stayed away from Hamachi since then, but now I've started to rely on it again, and this really breaks the whole experience.
Aside from this problem, Hamachi is great. So easy to set up!
Me too. Only seems to happen with my WiFi adapter at home. Never happens to my ethernet adapter at work. I'm running 184.108.40.206. It happens on .111 too, but I reverted for some reason that I'm failing to remember right now.
It "feels" like a routing issue, in that the hamachi clients are still accessible, but nothing can be accessed that would go directly through the NIC's default gateway. I seem to remember that "route print" didn't show anything suspicious, but now that others have the same problem then I will try messing with the routes and see if one of them is causing the problem.
Anyone on here have relevant multi-adapter Windows network debugging skills they'd like to share?
BTW, after disabling and re-enabling the hamachi network adapter, you can get hamachi working again by stopping and restarting the "LogMeIn Hamachi 2.0 Tunneling Engine" service. You don't have to reboot.
Another detail: when this happens, I *CAN* still access my wifi router directly (with ping or http), so the one-hop route directly to the router is still being routed correctly. I *CANNOT* access the cable modem that is one hop beyond the wifi router.
Yep, I was right, it's a routing issue. The fix is a little tricky, it's like this:
1. Run an elevated cmd.exe (press start, type cmd, press ctrl-shift-enter, approve UAC prompt). Make sure cmd.exe window says "Administrator:" in the title bar.
2. Run "route print" and then in the first section "Interface List" find the leftmost number for the line that corresponds to the "Hamachi Network Interface." For me this was 20.
3. Run "route delete 0.0.0.0 IF 20" (replace 20 with your number from step 2).
That's it. Before I did this, I had a line in the "Persistent Routes" section that listed the hamachi interface handling 0.0.0.0 with default metric, even though the line in the "Active Routes" section listed the metric as 9256. I'm not sure what all that means, but Hamachi still works fine after doing this (I'm not sure why it would need a catch-all 0.0.0.0 route anyway).