New Contributor
Sohopunk

Hamachi connection problems, help?

Hi everyone,

So I've been getting some strange connection problems with Hamachi this week. I use it to connect my PC and laptop so my friend and me can play Minecraft on a non-official server, one just run by me for the two of us. 

Yesterday for example, I could play without problems. We both started up the pc/laptop, hamachi, the server and minecraft and we could play as much as we wanted.

Today, unfortionatly, we can't. The server is run on my PC. I start up my Hamachi, server and Minecraft and I can log in. My friend on the other hand, can't log in with my laptop. 

I've tried pinging each other from Hamachi from both sides but I get the time-out message. 

I've looked on the Help section on this side and tried the ping-test by doing it trough cmd. When I ping 127.0.0.1 I get no problems. When I ping my own Hamachi IPv4, no problems. When I ping the Hamachi IPv4 of my laptop, I get the time-out message. But the same thing happens on the laptop! There, I can ping my Hamachi laptop IPv4 but not my PC one.. so there is a connection problem between those two. 

I've tried starting up internet, starting up my pc, restarting Hamachi, turning off both firewalls but nothing changed the problems. Anyone got some tips to try?

Thanks for your help and time,

S.

New Contributor
Shadow117

Re: Hamachi connection problems, help?

I'm having similar problems with my Minecraft server my friends and I are running. I'm thinking it has something to do with the recent update Hamachi made on their servers. If I could direct your attention to the network itself, you'll notice the network name will have a limited amount of spaces available to be part of that network, more specifically, there are 5 slots for people to be connected to this network. We have 9 people in our group, and it says 9/5 people are connected, as this network was made before they applied the update, when before we could have as many people on our server as we needed. We are also experiencing technical difficulties trying to reengage our server. Our Minecraft server is a tower that we got specifically for Minecraft, and it sits next to our other computers, with a hardline connection to the main server, and not a wireless connection. We can use computers that are also connected to the internet through our house's hardline connection, but we can't use laptops with wireless connections. I am seeing some similar patterns in the behavior of your problem compared to mine... I'm not sure what is going on, but I am continuing to research the problem. If I find something I will make sure to let you know. My thought is that they have made an update that forbids usage of Hamachi like we are unless we pay. My friend got an update for Hamachi, only to find that it was a free trial, which means he may have to go pro before he can connect. I don't want to pay money, and I'm sure you don't either, so we may all have to find another networking site... Again, I'll make sure I give you a prognosis as soon as I discover what it is.

New Contributor
Shadow117

Hey, quick thought. Have you gone to the computer that supports the server to Minecraft and fixed restarted the server? My friend, who is in control of the server, did this and we found that we can connect to it. Additionally, if you still can't see the computer server name pop up, try to open a chat with the server, and make sure the server replies. Your connection should return to normal. Idk, maybe? The reason why we could could connect on our hardline was because we didn't have good wirelless connection. But now we can do this. The timing of our similar problems are oddly convenient, so I'm guessing the recent update they applied was the cause of our problems. Hope this helped.

New Contributor
batiste

je  veux  jouer  a  minecraft

New Contributor
batiste

jarrive pas  a me  conecter  a  hamachi

New Contributor
lilputintater

i have a smaler problam also when i run hamachi it says failed to connect to hamachi server. i reinstalled it restarted my computer but it wont do anything. i do have internet conection. any way to fix this?

New Contributor
lilputintater

symaler problam

New Contributor
TheZonix

Hamachi connection problems, help?

Mine is doing weird stuff too, I downloaded Hamachi and it worked fine, but I left my network. I thought you were supposed to be able to join different servers. If not, you should work on it. I also have a mac, if that helps.

New Contributor
ranjithCaldera

Dear friend,

Did you check windows firewall policy becouse you have to allow firewall rules to ping from your machine

New Contributor
felblade_121

how do you start a chat with the server because, my friend and I  can connect to hamachi fine just not the server. Funny enough the server was fine yesterday. We think there is a certain play time before something happens with the new update