New Contributor
Tautology

Hamachi disconnects my wireless adapter.

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I downloaded and installed hamachi yesterday however as soon as I did it disabled my wireless network adapter (Realtek RTL8187B). I can only get online by disabling the hamchi adapter and reenabling my wireless card. I looked around and tryed setting priority 100 for wireless and 9000 for hamachi. No change.

Any suggestions? Really want to connect to a friends network for some FM12.

P.S Checked a previous post that had a picture of an option in the wireless adapters tcp/ip advanced settings "Disable wireless upon wired connect - Disabled". Can't find a similar thing on mine to see if this could work.

New Contributor
Dullahan8888

Re: Hamachi disconnects my wireless adapter.

Having a similar problem.

Enabling the Hamachi adapter disconnects my wireless (doesn't disable it) and disabling the Hamachi adapter reconnects it. I'm using Windoes 7 on a 32 bit system.

I've tried several things: changing metrics, running route delete 0.0.0.0 IF 31 from the command line, and disabling my wireless card from disabling when wired connections are available.

The weird thing is, Hamachi was working just fine just less than a year ago on the same computer. I had since then uninstalled and later reinstalled it.

Any help?

LogMeIn Contributor
LogMeIn Contributor
pz

Hi,

do you have any (maybe) third party sw installed managing your adapters? I mean someting disabling the wireless adapter when thinking a wired is available. Or a similar setting in your driver.

New Contributor
Dullahan8888

Not that I'm aware of. How can I check?

LogMeIn Contributor
LogMeIn Contributor
pz

I think the most simple way is to plug in an ethernet cable and see what's happening with the wireless adapter.

Going through all the setting in various places probably would not sound like a very accurate advice.

New Contributor
Dullahan8888

Okay, so plugging in an ethernet cable disconnects the Wireless Network Connection and (naturally) enables the Local Area Connection. Then, enabling the Hamachi adapter *doesn't* disable or disconnect the Local Area Connection, but Hamachi still reports a network adapter error.

This is progress as I can now have both internet access and have the Hamachi adapter on at the same time,  but A.) I still need to be wired in as wired connections (LAN and Hamachi adapter) disconnet my wireless and B.) I'm still getting network adapter errors.

Thanks, pz. I'm starting to have hope!