New Contributor
riotskunk

I am online but appearing offline.

I am online on hamachi but my friends are telling me im appearing offline. Cant chat. cant browse. i was talkin to my buddy on aim. and he said that i was offline on hamachi, and i was definately online, i could see he was online, but when i right click i cant browse his files and i cant chat. i have appear online enabled. and tried uninstalling/reinstalling. im at my wits end. this is a great program and worked perfectly till recently. i unblocked it on my firewall. and without this program i cant communicate or play games with my buds that i recently moved away from. please. please help me! anything is appreciated more than you would know.
New Contributor
DawnTreader

Re: I am online but appearing offline.

I have someone who uses a network I set up that Is having the same problem. They are connected, but the network name in their hamachi Is showing grayed out and the stars are grey but the computers on the network are showing white. Is there a problem with the Hamachi Servers?
New Contributor
rlhsist

Exactly the same thinghas hapened to me today adding a new client to my network.

googled the problem and found this thread but no more info; im very worried about this problem... please someone help!!

I have tried reinstallig and re-entering the network. Im using cloned hardware and software; i mean this machine is exactly the same than many others in the hamachi network; im using the same network (router, switch,e tc), so i cannot figure out what can be the problem except some hamachi servers issue.

any clue??? thanks!

New Contributor
rlhsist

ok, this worked for me:

-Unninstal the hamachi client

-Kick the client in the hamachi that manages the network.

-Delete the folder documents and settings\user\program data\hamachi

-Install hamachi again, join the network.

Worked for me, i dont know if my ip is the same but i dont care.

I have restarted a couple of times, run as a service and everything was fine.

hope it helps,

regards.

New Contributor
DawnTreader

[ Edited ]
that is a last resort solution. i would like to find something that i wouldnt have to tell all the people who use it on the other end, which is more than 10 people, to reinstall hamachi. this is not just one isolated user.
Message Edited by DawnTreader on 06-10-2009 01:37 AM
Active Contributor
A_D_B

I had this problem on my server this afternoon.  Find the Hamachi network connection (Right click My Network Places -> Properties) then do a right-click ->  Repair.  This should reset all of the network protocols and get you back up and running in no time.

Aaron

New Contributor
DawnTreader

so this is a problem at the end where the network is created? or is that something on the client side?
Active Contributor
A_D_B

I'm not sure what the root cause of the problem is.  Hamachi worked fine on my server for months, then I ran into this problem after booting one morning.   It's an easy fix so I didn't press the issue.

Aaron

New Contributor
DawnTreader

the problem i was having was the firewall at the other end. all is well now.
New Contributor
danara

Try RIGHT clicking on the network name in the hamachi window (next to the grayed out circle), and select "go online".  This worked for me.