New Contributor
roryk

Internet problems with Hamachi network adapter enabled and on re-enable Hamachi won't connect

I have a couple of related problems. Firstly, I periodically have internet connectivity problems now that Hamachi is installed. It'll work fine for a while and then at some point, the trigger of which I haven't been able to identify, my connectivity stops. I can no longer ping any servers, although at a high level nothing appears to be wrong e.g. my wireless reports as still connected to the router. Sometimes performing an ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew sorts itself out, but then a while later (just now it was about 1 minute) the internet connectivity is broken again. If I disable the Hamachi network adapter the problem is resolved and never returns. 

First question is why Hamachi is disrupting my network connection and how do I fix it without having to manually disable the Hamachi network adaper. Or how would you suggest I diagnose this further?

Second problem. Sometimes I want to use Hamachi! When I enable the Hamachi network adapter then open Hamachi and click the power button it usually (possibly always) is able to see the nodes in my network that are on but can't connect. A warning icon shows next to all the online nodes saying 'tunnel problem'. VPN status shows as error. Settings page VPN status says 'network adapter error'. Clicking details says 'Failed to connect to the network adapter. Peer is not accessible via VPN.'. Restarting my laptop always resolves this problem.

So my second question is: after disabling and enabling the Hamachi network adapter, what can I do to make Hamachi work without having to restart my machine? Or how would you suggest I diagnose this further?

thanks!

Rory

New Contributor
roryk

Re: Internet problems with Hamachi network adapter enabled and on re-enable Hamachi won't connect

I discovered one solution to the Second Problem: upon restarting the "LogMeIn Hamachi Tunnelling Engine" windows service and then reopening Hamachi I'm able to connect to my VPN.

Still would love to know how to maintain internet connectivity consistently with Hamachi enabled though. Any suggestions would be great.