New Contributor
Drakons

Joining a Network is not possible

Hi!

Some days ago I created a Network with a password.

But if now somebody wants to join my network (he uses the right name and right password)

he gets the following error:

"By handling your request an error appeared"

(We use the german version so this translation may be incorrect, on german it is "Beim Bearbeiten ihrer Anfrage ist ein Fehler aufgetreten")

Everbody who is trying to join this network get this error (they use different versions of Windows). Even if another person creates a network the other persons get this error message.

What can I do to solve this problem?

New Contributor
Dr_X

Re: Joining a Network is not possible

Drakons wrote:

Hi!

Some days ago I created a Network with a password.

But if now somebody wants to join my network (he uses the right name and right password)

he gets the following error:

"By handling your request an error appeared"

(We use the german version so this translation may be incorrect, on german it is "Beim Bearbeiten ihrer Anfrage ist ein Fehler aufgetreten")

Everbody who is trying to join this network get this error (they use different versions of Windows). Even if another person creates a network the other persons get this error message.

What can I do to solve this problem?

I noticed the same problem on 2011-05-14 and unfortunately aside from complaining, I don't think there is anything WE can do to solve it.

I submitted a LogMeIn Ticket, hopefully someone will read it.

Several computers in different locations with different Operating Systems; Windows XP Pro, Windows XP Home and Windows 7, some of which are new "clean" OS installs.

Different versions of Hamachi FREE 1.0.3.0, 2.0.3.89 and 2.0.3.111 (both previously and newly installed).

NONE of the computers is able to join ANY Hamachi network, either newly created or older existing networks.

ERROR: The server reported an error while processing your request.

I've tried everything I could think of including turning off firewalls and removing the "Network Password" and "Manual Approval" requirements in Hamachi.

Since the problem just started happening and occurs on different types of computers with different Operating Systems and different versions of Hamachi in locations all over the world, it is extremely unlikely that it is caused by the Hamachi program.

I believe the only way the problem will be resolved is if someone fixes the problem with the Hamachi network servers. The error message does say, "The server reported an error while processing your request."