New Contributor
Spiroulis

Minecraft: Conection Timed Out:Connect

I obviously made a minecraft server using hamachi but when my friends try to join this message (connection timed out:connect) comes up to their minecraft screen.I believe that this is happening because of hamachi can someone tell me what to do to fix this? Thanks.

New Contributor
andrisHU

Re: Minecraft: Conection Timed Out:Connect

:smileyhappy:

New Contributor
dudel55j

Re: Minecraft: Connection Timed Out:Connect

I was wondering the same thing and tested things. Then I found out you have to use your computers ipv4 address. To get that go to your run type in cmd press enter and something should pop up. In it type "ipconfig" then press enter. When you do that a bunch of writing should pop up. Scroll up all the way to the top and something should say "IPv4 address" next to it will be a ip type that into your minecraft as your servers IP NOT THE SERVER PROPERTIES. Then run your Hamlin make sure that the IP in your sever properties is the Ipv4 address from YOUR HAMACHI NOT COMPUTER. This should work it worked for you, I have no idea why nobody has figured that.

-Dudel55j

New Contributor
dudel55j

This seemed to work on windows 8 I'm pretty sure it works on other windows versons. When I said Hamlin I meant hamachi spelling it was a spelling error.
New Contributor
pethc

New Contributor
pruddenb

My IP adress for the computer and through hamachi is the same...

Also if u have time here is another question read if u want.

I made a minecraft server and i can only get on it if i go to manage network and than connect it through log me in by signing in. After that it is fine for me, but my friends need to do the same thing and log in after pressing manage network and loging in with my username and password. they get to play but only when i am on if i shut my computer they all lose connection and get loged off. can anyone help please!

New Contributor
LauriW2games

Re: Minecraft: Conection Timed Out:Connect

I'm having lots of trouble getting the right ip for my friends to join my mc server :( help please?!

New Contributor
LauriW2games

[ Edited ]

that ip works just for you but not for your friends, so?