New Contributor
FinestScietist

Stuck on perpetual update

Hi guys,

I've had Hamachi on my computer for a while now and recently it's started to act up. Every time it starts it tries to update itself but to no avail. I can't uninstall, reinstall or manually update because the correct hamachi.msi file is missing. Anyone got ideas?

New Contributor
brookside

Re: Stuck on perpetual update

I am havinga problem since a few weeks ago...have been on the forums and I think I fixed the tunnel problem but my hamachi 2 program is stuck in perpetual update.  It will let me connect to the remote computer but it boots me off constantly and is SLOOOOOWWWWW!  Anyone have any suggestions...I cannot uninstall or manually install because the files do not exist.  I was able to access windows registry and fix the tunnel problem and I know it is not my or the host computers firewalls and or virus software.  The only thing I can think of is the problem started when I had to reset my router...could that be causing this and if so would it let me intermittently access the host? PLEASE HELP :)

New Contributor
wiiittttt

Same issue here, just continually updating and cannot uninstall.

New Contributor
FinestScietist

I've killed it with Ccleaner, but I can't reinstall because there a bit somewhere left over. Once that bit's gone you could install from scratch.

New Contributor
adsfsadf

Are you guys running Windows 7? I got the same problem, a system restore from the last windows update fixes it... but everytime windows updates itself it breaks hamachi. It is really hard to uninstall, you must delete hamachi from registry and everywhere manually because the uninstaller can't find hamachi-update. Even then, I tried reinstalling but it gives error after error, and wont reinstall. Anyone have an idea?

Advisor
szametu

try to create new system account on windows. under that acc, with administrator right instal hamachi.

New Contributor
Elisia

Go to preferences and untick loook for updates (not sure of exact wording) and reboot your computer.

New Contributor
FinestScietist

Can't get to it if it's not installed or frozen mid-update, turns out there were a few entries left in the registry which could be pulled out with regedit (kill anything with hamachin in the name). Once those were gone and a clean version was installed it worked fine.