I was running 126.96.36.199 and it was stuck on a resolving issue for a while. Then I updated to the more recent 188.8.131.52 but still have the same issues. i found the troubleshoot log, and this is what it tells me:
I'm having the same problem. Never used any version before 184.108.40.206. Just experienced a local network hiccup yesterday and all of a sudden Hamachi is in a tizzy, but only on one of three Macs where I have it installed, all running 10.6.6. Logs are identical. I have come to rely on Hamachi for screen sharing and database access. Hoping someone at LogMeIn will respond or address the issue.
I figured out how to reset Hamachi and make it work again. It forced me to take on a different Hamachi IP address, no big deal for me, but you might be able to edit the relevant config file to reuse your old IP and identifier.
All the config data is stored in the LogMeIn Hamachi folder in /Library/Application Support. The way to reset is to move this folder out of Application Support and then reinstall Hamachi.
Perhaps someone wants to delve deeper into the support files and figure out what exactly is causing this resolve/login glitch.
I finally got mine to work. What i basically used a suggestion from earthsaver:
1) Uninstall hamachi using the uninstaller
2) Go into Library/Application Support and drag out the Log me in Hamachi folder (or just delete it)
3) Reinstall Hamachi
Immediately after the installer, Hamachi will crash and throw an error message then quits. Dont be alarmed, I just reopen it, Activate Hamachi, then it will ask you to join your network again (because you deleted the config data previously).
I also quit hamachi, reopened it, forced quit, reopened, Disengaged VPN connection, re-engaged, and still worked perfectly. So my theory seems to work.
I Have the same problem on my Mac (OSX v10.5.8 running Logmein v220.127.116.11) so sniffed what was going on on my wire.
Here is the result:
No. Time Source SPort name Sport no Destination DPort name DPort no Protocole Info
1 0.000000 192.168.4.102 57980 57980 192.168.4.1 domain 53 DNS Standard query PTR 18.104.22.168.in-addr.arpa
2 0.003613 192.168.4.1 domain 53 192.168.4.102 57980 57980 DNS Standard query response PTR Macintosh-2.lan
3 1.045960 192.168.4.102 56807 56807 (192.168.5.1) domain 53 DNS Standard query TXT hamachi-list.1.logmein-gateway.com
4 12.569214 192.168.4.102 57980 57980 192.168.4.1 domain 53 DNS Standard query PTR 22.214.171.124.in-addr.arpa
5 12.572814 192.168.4.1 domain 53 192.168.4.102 57980 57980 DNS Standard query response PTR Macintosh-2.lan
6 16.046098 192.168.4.102 56807 56807 (192.168.5.1) domain 53 DNS Standard query TXT hamachi-list.1.logmein-gateway.com
7 22.290032 192.168.4.102 52460 52460 192.168.4.1 domain 53 DNS Standard query TXT hamachi-list.1.logmein-gateway.com
8 22.368455 192.168.4.1 domain 53 192.168.4.102 52470 52470 DNS Standard query reponse TXT
9 24.941345 192.168.4.102 57980 57980 192.168.4.1 domain 53 DNS Standard query PTR 126.96.36.199.in-addr.arpa
10 24.945012 192.168.4.1 domain 53 192.168.4.102 57980 52470 DNS Standard query response PTR Macintosh-2.lan
It might not be so clear, but the Logmein dns query is on line 3 and 6. The query is going to a gateway (192.168.5.1) that i'm not connected to right now (right now the gateway is 192.168.4.1). I've the same query using "Network Utility" on my Mac (that's line 7) and I get a response (on line 8).
I think Logmein caches the gateway address somehow and doesn't get the real one in use.