Frequent Contributor

Sudden hamachi msg that limit of users is reached.

Hello. 

Im using hamachi client for a long time (more than 4 years) and I have mesh network of 9 PCs.

This morning half of these PCs were unable to connect to the network due to error msg displayed in hamachi client. I took screenshot of that msg for you to see.

If Im not mistaken hamachi is no longer provided in free version but only commercial, but few months back I received email from LogMeIn saying that these changes in licencing will affect only new users and customers and that we, old users, will be left with our networks and limited to 10 users tops.

I was fine with that, as I didnt need more than 10 users. 

This morning, and I didnt add any new PC for more than year and a half, hamachi just promted me with that msg on some of the PCs.

Please see attached image.

[url=http://postimage.org/image/3ry3rufbb/][img]http://s7.postimage.org/3ry3rufbb/image.jpg[/img][/u...

Can someone enlighten me with this problem please.

Ty all in advance.
Dean 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Sudden hamachi msg that limit of users is reached.

I didnt paste image right, here is direct link:
http://s7.postimage.org/ped48vdvv/image.jpg 

New Contributor
acottrill

They are basicly trying to extort their users now. Anyone who used the free product will notice that they have basicly **bleep**ed you all. About a week ago they limited us to 10 clients, thinking this would motivate you to spend 20$. Well, didn't work on most of us.  So as of 6am this morninig, they dediced, well lets screw them some more... now all networks are limited to 5 clients. I called their support and they basicly told me, "**bleep** you pay me", in otherwords if I want to use Hamachi I must pay them 20$ to have my network.  It even suspended my network this time around because I had 10 users in it and now the limits5 so its violationg the rules so my network is no suspended.  I have to say, after being behind the Hamachi product for MANY MANY years and suggesting it to others, this is a huge crock of crap.  Is it truly so bad for you guys that you have to rip off even you longest standing customers?  What if I do not want your spoke wheel, hub, bull and  just want to use my network as it was? 

In short, you are not going to win.. they do no care about you further than the $$$$ you make them so do not expect them to help you. If you want to use hamachi shell out the 20$ or find a new home I guess.  I am sure we will not be the only one dissatisfied with this "Policy Decision".

What a sad day for this product, it was created to be free and now it has just been basterdized by this company.

Adam

New Contributor
daxanadu

Same here! Suddenly three of my 8 PCs got disabled... I thought I did something wrong that caused it, even though I didn't touch any settings. Didn't even see a notification?? Any suggestions for alternative services?
New Contributor
acottrill

Honestly, and I am sure this is the reason they feel they can extort us for money, this is the only service I know of its kind.  My suggestion for the time being is just make more networks. I think in the end  this decision is going to hurt them more than they think when all the people with one network now have 16 to encompass all their machines so each can access one another.  Going to be a lot more overhead on their servers.  That is what I am going to do for now, till they limit us all to 2 clients or whatever rediculous move they make next.  Great way to ruin a good "free" product... especialy after they went through all the issues to make a non-comercial licesne and enfore all kinds of dumb stuff on the free clients, now in reality they just want us all to leave or pay them a rediculous sum.  20$ for 1 network that can hold 32 users (of which I would probably never use more than 12) is just plain dumb.  I dont even use the latest version of the software, I am still using 1.0.1.5 because their newer software is just crap, unreliable and unsupported in linux.  

For now I guess I will just create 123123 networks of 5 and join my 10 machines to them all until I can come up with a combination that allows me access to all my machines. My suggestion to you is to to the same, or if your a weaker person than I, pay the $20.00.

As I said before, this is just plain sad. Thanks LogMeIn for ruinin a good _FREE_ product.

Regular Contributor
trickyricky

I too am completely incensed by Logmein's disgraceful attitude to their customers. I have never known such a cavalier attitude from any company, and certainly not from any company that is still trading!

I also feel that Hamachi is pretty unique in the way it works, but I am always looking out for alternatives. Not because Hamachi now costs me £14.40 per 32 client network, but because I don't trust the company to survive, given their behaviour, both regarding this instance and previous ones where they demonstrated complete cluelessness in terms of business sense and common decency.

To quote Jeremy Clarkson, their directors need to be taken out and shot, in front of their families.

That is all.

Regular Contributor
trickyricky

If anyone misses the irony of this post, please contact me for an explanation.

http://www.telecoms.com/41038/logmein-boosting-customer-satisfaction/

New Contributor
aptthemad

Sadly, irony is not missed at all...

After years of doing "free advertising" to hamachi (at least two of the companies with which I work are now paying customers...) it's hard to be treated this way in such a blatant case of corporate greed.

Hamachi is unique in its category, and I fear tahat the good technicians who made it what it is will probably suffer from this poor management decision which will surely backfire.

It seems to me a classic case of "take the money and run".

Surely I'm NOT going to pay a cent for the small (8-9 people) Minecraft server I set up at home for my sons and their friends...

New Contributor
sentrix

Same exact thing happened to me, which led me to this forum. If I can recall, the creator of hamachi sold it to LogmeIn with the explicit stipulation that it would have to fully work for free. Can someone else verify this? I've used this product for almost 7 or 8 years and now most networks of mine have been blocked. Going to find some true open alternative. I don't mind that their server & energy costs are recouped, but don't just stick it to us with no warning or notification. I've purchased at least two logmein programs and have brought new paying customers to them and boom... Hamachi does this. I did however always feel that this day would come the second that I found out that LogmeIn purchased it. Oh well.... Time to get fully open with VPN. See ya' Hamachi...
LogMeIn Moderator
KevinA

[ Edited ]

Thanks all for the feedback. It's a very valuable conversation you're having and we'll continue to pay close attention to it.

We have made some adjustments to the tiers and limits, which we believe allows casual users and small businesses to continue using Hamachi at a very low cost while still offering a free product for those with relatively small amounts of computers. In the previous model, a commercial business (no matter the size) was forced into a commercial license at $199. Today, that same business can maintain their small, commcercial networks without hurting their budgets. 

You can find the latest information about Hamachi and updates here: https://secure.logmein.com/welcome/hamachi/vpn/whatsnew.aspx

Since the Hamachi team has worked hard on our in-product notification system, I am interested to hear more about the lack of notifications happening on your client. Please hover over the warning icon-- you should see a pop-up with a full explanation of your limits. If you're not seeing this I will follow-up with the development team to make sure it is fixed ASAP, though multiple rounds of testing has proved this to be working.

Thanks again for the feedback.

-Kevin