New Contributor
RyanBauerle

TCP/UDP Ports to enable through a Hardware Firewall

We have a fairly strict policy for only allowing the necessary ports to the necessary IP addresses to/from our corporate network.  I need to know the minimum ports to allow in order to permit peer to peer communication between hamachi clients.  I also need to know how to configure the hamachi clients.

Based on some information I found in a wiki and other areas, it appears that in order to do this I need to setup static UDP ports and TCP port 12975.  Can someone confirm?

It seems that 12975 is used by default by the Hamachi client, so I don't think any special configuration would be needed there.  But I am having trouble knowing what part the UDP ports play and how to configure them statically in the client.  I found where to configure it (under the Advanced Settings), but I don't know what to put there exactly.  Do I just pick a random UDP port?  And do I use the same port on all clients in my Hamachi network?

Thanks!

Ryan

New Contributor
juanmgpechavez

Re: TCP/UDP Ports to enable through a Hardware Firewall

New Contributor
Henrik_Schack

Re: TCP/UDP Ports to enable through a Hardware Firewall

The settings mentioned in the article isn't available in my Mac client, (yes I have switches to advanced settings)

/Henrik