New Contributor
passegua

direct tunnel: ping failed, browse failed, only chat working properly

Using windows XP all SP.

Using Hamachi2  ver. 2.0.1.66

I see the other pc in my network, I can only chat since ping fails, browse fails.

What should I change in settings?

I see direct tunnelling. But ping fails. always time out!

thanks.

New Contributor
passegua

Re: direct tunnel: ping failed, browse failed, only chat working properly

I should add that using Hamachi previous version all was ok!

The "ping time out" problem started only since I updated to hamachi2 :-(

New Contributor
JordiOlfe

I've the same problem... I've been looking in internet forums, but no solution founded... Please help. Thanks
New Contributor
Gordon Cherrett

We have same problems, 30+ clients on our hamachi network, all schools except 6, all schools connected via proxy, either on port 8080 (SWGFL) or 3129 (HantsCC) untill today we have had no connections to these schools, (been like that for a month or so) very frustrating, today after reinstall hamachi at two sites, we have a connection to 3 schools and the office back,

Still many broken.

I've taken down some details from the working sites, but it would appear the non working sites have no details in peer properties or have (negotiating) written connection info.

Remote Site :

Server connection ..

Type : SSL throught proxy

sss.hamachi.logmein.com:443

proxy: 213.**.***.***:8080         (SWFGL's proxy)

And in the advanced pref:

Authentiction : RSA keys

Encryption: Enabled

Compression: Any

Trafic: Allow all

Our office pc has the same prefs set, except proxy i would say 50% of sites are running the newer client 2.0.1.66, most are 64bit server 2008...

I dont see why a few have started working today ....

Only intersting thing to note is that on one of the woking sites ( there is an extra working connection, and in the Security tab there is an extra Public RSA key listed for that site )

I wonder if its to do with theses keys not being passed about ? or some 64 bit issue with theses ?

Can you post some details about your site to see if there is somthing in common ?

New Contributor
passegua

Sincerely I gave up searching the bug.

I was really happy about Hamachi, but this Hamachi2 issue bored me enough.

Now I am using another service.

Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
n8mack33

Same problem as OP. No luck looking through the forums so far.
New Contributor
Stouk

I have the same problem. I managed to connect to a remote PC via the "Remote Desktop connection" of WinXP the first time I installed the Hamchi2 and sadly the next day and untll now the only thing that works between the 2 PC's is the chat. Ping request timed out etc. ... that's frustrating.
New Contributor
Stouk

Since I couldn't find any way to contact you through P.M. could you tell me what other service do you use please? Thanks.
New Contributor
Zoomer101

I "HAD" the same issue.  I am using a remote test network which I have set up at home. This environment contains Server 2008, Server 2003, and Windows 7 machines. I set all of them up and added Hamachi just to run in to your issue.

I "resolved" the issue in two ways.  The first way was to right click on the pc with the problem in hamachi go to details, find the "!" right click on it and I had to "trust" the key. Then it worked great.

If that does not solve the issue I also did this: In the same place where I found the key it told me that port 17771 was being used for UDP. I believe that is a port that upnp can use. I verified that my routers were allowing upnp and in windows7 and Server 2008 I added port 17771/UDP as an exception in the firewall.  It works great now!