New Contributor
werru

hamachi on android?

hamachi on android is it my dream?
New Contributor
Quinn Lion

Re: hamachi on android?

No I dream of having a useable VPN on my HTC Dream.   supposedly theres a way to get it. But it involves having a rooted device(Have it already), and installing Debian for hamachi to use in the background, in my opinion it's really difficult.

Is there a way to use the inbuilt VPN software to make use of your Hamachi VPN ?

Active Contributor
grimloch

I don't have Android... yet... check this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=579535
Active Contributor
grimloch

Okay, I have an HTC Evo 4G now and I really wish I had an Hamachi app like I did for Windows Mobile.  Please create one!!!

New Contributor
SAHacksaw

Re: Hamachi On Android?

Hi all,

I don't know how old the posts are, but i am thinking of purchasing a Tablet for my office.  I know most of the remote applications work, but I need to know if LogMeIn Hamachi will work on a tablet.  If so, then which tablet would be the best to buy?  I am looking at the Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Please could someone assist me.

Thanks.

SAHacksaw

Advisor
szametu

if you want to use hamachi on tablets, buy one with windows mobile, since hamachi i made for windows mobile too.

Frequent Contributor
tkalfaoglu

..that's a terrible reason to buy a windows tablet :)

New Contributor
pauliusval99

Actually, there are no tablets with windows mobile.... That OS is DEAD long time ago... One of the last devices with windows mobile was HTC HD2, and it was released about 2 years and 5 months ago.

Either you mean windows PHONE (not mobile), or your information is very outdated (you didn't hear the news, right?)

here look at these and tell us what did you mean with "windows mobile":

http://www.ginktage.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/WP71.jpg - windows PHONE;

http://mrpfister.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/screenshot21231.png - windows MOBILE.

New Contributor
nozmoking

There are several Windows 7 tablets on the market (Acer Iconia for one). But as far as Windows Mobile for smartphones is concerned, Microsoft wants to stop supporting the platform altogether because it has become too expensive to maintain and phone hardware manufacturers simply won't standardize their hardware. Microsoft charges phone service providers ongoing usage fees for Widows Mobile and most providers have stopped offering Windows Mobile phones. The standard PC version of Hamachi works great on Windows 7 tabs. That being said, I don't foresee an immediate end to Windows tablet PC's but they are becoming fewer in number and many of us have been barking at LogMeIn for several years about an Android version of Hamachi. The fact that the Linux version is still  command-line "compile it yourself" tells me they may not be developing Hamachi beyond Windows any time soon. That is a crying shame becuase as a corporate mobile computiing provider Hamachi has been one of the best and most economical (even the commercial version) products I've found for my users. All we can do is keep talking about it and keep our fingers crossed. I don't want to mix VPN platforms on my networks but if Hamachi for Android isn't available soon I'll be forced to do just that.

New Contributor
mihai_n

Endeed ...  ;)