LogMeIn Administrator
Rob H

LogMeIn and Kaspersky

I've seen this question pop up in the community from time to time and our sales folks run into this question too.  Symptom: When I go to remote control a computer that has Kaspersky installed, I can't open Kaspersky or change any of the settings using LogMeIn. Solution: In order to make this change, someone at the local computer with Kaspersky rights to change the Kaspersky settings, would open up "Settings", then select "Options."  Under the Self Defense category, uncheck the "Disable external service control", then hit the OK button on the bottom of the dialogue box.  After this setting is changed on the local computer, then you will be able to access Kaspersky and change the settings remotely using LogMeIn.

Rob H
LogMeIn Sales Engineer
New Contributor
KennethL

Re: LogMeIn and Kaspersky

That didn't work for me. What did work for me was disabling Self-defense instead.
New Contributor
bowlingbrad

I don't know where you guys are finding 'settings' or 'options' or even 'self defense'.  I was able to find 'settings' by right-clicking the K in the taskbar.  I found a 'Settings' in the Kaspersky main screen, and a 'Proactive Defense'.  Could that be it??

FYI, this is a Chinese version of Kaspersky.

Thanks in advance!

New Contributor
tylergress

That didn't work for me either. I'm using KAV 7.0. I can solve this problem by going to Threats and Exclusions > Trusted zone > trusted applications > add > browse > application > then I select LogMeIn.exe from the list and then in properties select "do not restrict application activity" and deselect all checkboxes.
New Contributor
BlinkTech

Thanks for the last post.  Using version 9 and that did the trick in terms of allowing remote access to client

computer running Kaspersky. It would appear that of the origina post those items are not valid.

Yes 'settings' can be access via either the Kaskersky main dashboard, or by right-clicking the K icon

in the system tray (bottom right of your computer).

New Contributor
-eXcalibur-

thanx will try tomorrow :)

bit stuck atm :P

New Contributor
Jul974

Thanks tylergress ! This is exactly what I needed. It works GREAT under KAV 2009 at least.

This must be done in local.

- Right click on the K of Kaspersky.
- Configuration / Settings
- Threats and Exclusions
- Trusted zone
- CLick the TAB Trusted applications
- Add (in the botom left corner)
- Applications

I selected LogMeIn.exe and LogMeInInSysTray.exe from the list.
Then checked all the boxes.

En Français :

Ceci doit être réalisé sur la machine du client et non à distance.

- Clic droit sur le K de Kaspersky en bas à droite.
- Configuration
- Menaces et exclusions
- Bouton Zone de confiance
- Onglet applications de confiance
- Clic sur Ajouter en bas à droite, puis Applications >
- Choisir, LogMeIn.exe.
- Tout cocher.

Refaire de même pour LogMeInInSysTray.exe.

tylergress wrote:
That didn't work for me either. I'm using KAV 7.0. I can solve this problem by going to Threats and Exclusions > Trusted zone > trusted applications > add > browse > application > then I select LogMeIn.exe from the list and then in properties select "do not restrict application activity" and deselect all checkboxes.
New Contributor
Cheong

It doesn't work on my Kaspersky 2010
New Contributor
Zayne2000

Worked absolutely fine with KIS2010 on Windows XP SP3... was able to install KIS remotely and restart the computer into safe mode to make the setting adjustments all remotely... Works like a charm! Thanks !