New Contributor
doxcyguy617

No Sound on LogMeIn?

I bought this application for my iPad in order to remote in to my home computer in order to access my music/video.  I travel often, and wanted the convenience of not bringing a laptop with me, and only my laptop.

What is the time frame on adding this functionality? I am very disappointed that this functionality is not already part of this product (I didn't realize that went I purchased it).

Thanks. 

Retired LogMeIn Contributor
JoshN

Re: No Sound on LogMeIn?

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your question!

There is no ETA on the addition of remote sound to the Ignition for iPhone/iPad product at this time. I will forward forward your feature request to the proper department.

Joshua Nelson

User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.

New Contributor
KarlWireless

Is there yet an ETA on this?

Need sound to come in over iPad....

Karl

New Contributor
CazWilson

Should remote sound be working for Ignition for Windows? I have tested by connecting my laptop to my desktop, and the volume controls on the laptop affect the desktop volume (remote computer) only. No sound comes out of the laptop which is viewing the desktop.

Thanks.

(Brilliant product, BTW.)

Trusted Contributor
Ken N.

Hi CazWilson and Welcome to the Community!

If you are using LogMeIn Ignition for Windows and connecting to a LogMeIn Pro2 host computer, remote sound should be available. If its not working, please check out this article or contact support directly.

Thank you!

Kenneth Newton | Senior User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
www.LogMeIn.com | www.twitter.com/logmeinhelp
p. +1-866-478-1805
New Contributor
CazWilson

Thank you, Ken. That article is really helpful.

I've run into a wall with:

"If you only see Line In, Mic, or Microphone, Remote Sound may not be possible."

I have ordered a new PC just yesterday. Maybe that will solve it. It will be Windows 7 instead of Vista, but I'm not sure of the audio setup. The old PC has Realtek HD Audio. Do you recommend anything?

Thanks again.

Caz

New Contributor
Shane_Keher

Oh NO!!! 90% of the reason I bought this expensive app was to listen to music and play video remotely and NOW I find out - after paying the $$$$$ - no sound!! Lack of sound is not clearly stated in the App Store material, folks - not fair. I've contacted you for a refund, and I think that's fair in the circumstances. 

New Contributor
CazWilson

Hi,

I have found that using LogMeIn Ignition via a USB memory stick the sound is working remotely. It is probably my laptop setup that is causing some kind of block to the remote sound.

Cheers.

New Contributor
jminerich

No Sound on Ignition for iPad with Logmein Pro2 (Trial) on remote. I have followed all the instructions, and I see the sound device in the LogMeIn Pro 2 settings.

Please tell me, am I wasting my time and money attempting to get sound from my XP Pro Laptop running LogMeIn Pro 2 to my iPad2 running the LogMeIn App for ipad.  

The only reason I invested the money was to get my PC Based Radio (Scanner) so I could operate and listed to it from my iPad.

Thanks,

John

New Contributor
Dmstacey

Gotta sort this guys - or I'll be buying Splastop.
I agree with one of the previous contributors - the lack of remote sound is not mentioned in the Apps listing (naughty naughty).