New Contributor
MacBrian

LogMeIn Free disconnections

I'm using LogMeIn Free at the office to connect to my home Mac.

At the office:
4x2.5 GHz PowerPC G5
2.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM
OSX 10.4.11
Firefox

At home:
MacPro Quad core (I'm doing this from memory)
2 GB RAM
OS 10.5.2
Safari or Firefox

All LogMeIn software is current as far as I know

Ever since I discovered LogMeIn I've had trouble when controlling my home Mac from the Office because after a minute or so of being connected, it will suddenly disconnect. I have to go all the way back through the process to get connected again, then the connecton will last anywhere from 20 seconds to a couple of minutes, and then disconnect again.

When I go back to reconnect, my home Mac shows it is "In Session".

Eventually after several of these disconnects/reconnects, my home Mac will stop responding to LogMeIn's attempts to log in with this error:

Your session has timed out or the host went offline during your connection attempt.

I'll go home to find everything seems perfectly fine on my home Mac. But LogMeIn has permanently shut me out. (I have other computers at home I can test it with.)

If I disable LogMeIn from the menu bar on my home Mac, and then re-enable it, that will allow access again. I don't have to reboot -- just disable LogMeIn and then re-enable it.

Any ideas what's going on? It's particularly frustrating when it decides to stop letting me in. And I can hardly turn off LogMeIn remotely and then be able to turn it back on remotely to refresh the situation!

Thanks for any advice anyone might have. I've really been appreciating LogMeIn Free and I'm certainly not complaining, just trying to report the problem since I've seen it for six months or so and across several LogMeIn updates. I'm starting to think it must "just be me!"
New Contributor
MacBrian

RE: LogMeIn Free disconnections

Ideas, Anyone???
New Contributor
Anon86438

I feel your pain.
Through several updates, I still see this behaviour. The only thing that I pointed out is that the machine I am trying to control has a large monitor on it running at 1920x1200.

I have another machine running at 1280x1024 which does not show this issue.

I have a PC running at the higher resolution sitting right next to the Mac and it has no problem either.

THe PC next to it would rule out anything like a network/firewall issue AFAIK but I'm so far resigned to not using it on this machine.
New Contributor
Anon118321

My situation is almost identical to MacBrian's... Logmein has worked fine until today...I rebooted my work system and haven't changed any other settings at either location... Anyone find a solution?
VIP Contributor
Andy Harvey

As this has dragged on for a while without a user response answering the query, i suggest that you send details of your issue to mac-feedback (at) logmein.com.
New Contributor
Anon118456

I am experiencing the same problem. I hope there will be a solution soon.
Frequent Contributor
pie hole

I am having similar problem, only recently started seeing this after 6 months or so of log me in for mac working flawlessly. Latest versions, firefox browser. OSX 10.4.11 on both ends.

I have no problem maintaining connection to windows machines, but for some reason one set of macs has started freezing on me after just a minute or so of connecting. I have to disconnect and reconnect, or change between java/activex/mozilla, to restart connection, but it does not matter what method I use. Still freezes after a minute or two.

I don't think screen resolution is problem, this happens connecting from my ibook to another ibook. But connecting to PC with large screen is no problem, or my mom's G4 desktop with 23" screen.

I wonder if it is related to the ISP or router at one end or the other?
New Contributor
Anon131109

I had some success doing "preferences"->"reboot"->"restart logmein" from the logmein website, after initially connecting to the machine but before starting the remote control.

My symptoms were that I could connect to the machine, but that when I started a remote control session the screen was blank.

--
John
New Contributor
jjjjack

Just started using logmein to give it a try and am having the same problems. It disconnects after about a minute and I have to keep logging in for access. I rebooted into Windows (which I am loathe to do), and it works fine (no disconnects).
Contributor
king.pa

Same here...
this is a pain
my setup :
PC controling Mac

PC with 24" monitor, Using the latest Firefox.. or IE7 is the same !!!