New Contributor
Anon60316

Uninstall Logmein on Mac OSX

TSIA...

Can't find the application 'file' to 'thrash'... where's it at?

And yes... I've looked all through 'Applications'... it ain't there...

TIA...

Steve
New Contributor
Anon97623

RE: Uninstall Logmein on Mac OSX

Search for LogMeIn in spotlight and there is an uninstall program
Frequent Contributor
mr-mac

any chance of this being moved to the MAC forum as its obviously a mac related problem?

i run 10.5.1 and in the application folder there should be a folder called logmein. inside there is a LogMeInUninstaller and a StartLogMeIn icon i think that both are pretty self explanitary. HTH
G5 PPC 1.6ghz 1.25 GB SDRAM OsX 10.5.2

LogMeIn Free
Version 4.0.697
Build: Feb 12 2008 12:23:36
Frequent Contributor
Anon104239

I'm still running OS X 10.2.8 but that cat is fast enough for me. Anyway, a Search turned up this on my PPC iMac G4 800MHz Flat Panel:

/Users/username/Desktop/LogMeIn_Plugin_stuff/LogMeIn.plugin/Contents/MacOS/LogMeIn
/Library/Receipts/LogMeIn Client Installer.pkg/Contents/Resources/LogMeIn Client Installer.bom
/Users/username/Desktop/LogMeIn_Plugin_stuff/LogMeIn Client Installer.pkg/Contents/Resources/LogMeIn Client Installer.bom
/Library/Receipts/LogMeIn Client Installer.pkg/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/LogMeIn Client Installer.info
/Users/username/Desktop/LogMeIn_Plugin_stuff/LogMeIn Client Installer.pkg/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/LogMeIn Client Installer.info
/Library/Receipts/LogMeIn Client Installer.pkg/Contents/Resources/LogMeIn Client Installer.loc
/Library/Receipts/LogMeIn Client Installer.pkg/Contents/Resources/LogMeIn Client Installer.pax.gz
/Users/username/Desktop/LogMeIn_Plugin_stuff/LogMeIn Client Installer.pkg/Contents/Resources/LogMeIn Client Installer.pax.gz
/Library/Receipts/LogMeIn Client Installer.pkg
/Users/username/Desktop/LogMeIn_Plugin_stuff/LogMeIn Client Installer.pkg
/Library/Receipts/LogMeIn Client Installer.pkg/Contents/Resources/LogMeIn Client Installer.sizes
/Users/username/Desktop/LogMeIn_Plugin_stuff/LogMeIn Client Installer.pkg/Contents/Resources/LogMeIn Client Installer.sizes
/Users/username/Desktop/LogMeIn_Plugin_stuff/LogMeIn.plugin
/Users/username/Desktop/LogMeIn_Plugin_stuff/LogMeIn.plugin/Contents/Resources/LogMeIn.rsrc
/Users/username/Desktop/LogMeIn_Plugin_stuff

Of course, this doesn't count all the various browser Preference files it may be in depending on how many web browsers you use to access LMI.

The ones with username in the path is your particular username and are in your Home Folder and various subfolders and the others are in the Root (HD) Folder or various subfolders. I had already removed manually the LMI installed Broswer plug-in from the HD/Library/Internet Plugins Folder/LogMeIn.plugin to my Home Folder Desktop.

I don't see an Uninstaller but you could place these in the Trash manually and then empty the Trash. You won't need any LMI-related leftover Preference files either so you could manually put those in the Trash also. HTH. Maybe just rerun the Installer and see if "Uninstall" is an offered option. If I find anything else I'll be back.
Frequent Contributor
Anon102407

ORIGINAL: scoleman

TSIA...

Can't find the application 'file' to 'thrash'... where's it at?

No need. See the FAQ https://secure.logmein.com/products/free/mac/faq.asp#17:

How do I uninstall the LogMeIn Free for Mac (Preview)?

If you are using the latest version of LogMeIn, then you will find an uninstaller program by navigating to Applications -> LogMeIn. Running the LogMeIn Uninstaller program will prompt you for your Mac username and password and then remove the LogMeIn software from your computer.

If you are using an older version of LogMeIn, then only a basic uninstaller is available. This can be reached by navigating to "/Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/" and running "uninstaller.command". This will open a terminal window and prompt for your Mac username and password. Once this is submitted, the LogMeIn software will be uninstalled from the Mac computer.
Unofficial self-elected Mac Guru.
LMI Free 4 Mac 4.0.684 on a PB G4 running OS X 10.4-11
LMI Pro 4.0.680 on a PC running Windaube XP Pro SP2 5.1.2600.2180
L?I Resaue 1/0/255 4 ?qc (this is supposed to read "4 Mac")
New Contributor
Anon106856

I'm still finding lots of problems with LogMeIn in my Console logs after having used the Uninstall application that was found in LogMeIn folder that was created by 4.00.684

I did a search after doing the Uninstall and found the com.logmein.LMIServer folder in private/var/temp. If I manually delete this folder, will there be any problem? Will there be anything more that I have to find and delete? Will the error messages in my Console log then stop?

1/25/08 6:35:28 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinguiagent) Exited with exit code: 1
1/25/08 6:35:28 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinguiagent) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
1/25/08 6:35:31 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeingui) posix_spawnp("/Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/bin/LogMeInGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/LogMeInGUI", ...): Permission denied
1/25/08 6:35:31 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeingui) Exited with exit code: 1
1/25/08 6:35:31 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeingui) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
1/25/08 6:35:34 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinserver) open("/Library/Logs/LogMeIn/stdout.log", ...): No such file or directory
1/25/08 6:35:34 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinserver) open("/Library/Logs/LogMeIn/stderr.log", ...): No such file or directory
1/25/08 6:35:34 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinserver) posix_spawnp("/Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/bin/LogMeIn.app/Contents/MacOS/LogMeIn", ...): Permission denied
1/25/08 6:35:34 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinserver) Exited with exit code: 1
1/25/08 6:35:34 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinserver) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
1/25/08 6:35:38 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinguiagent) posix_spawnp("/Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/bin/LogMeIn.app/Contents/Resources/LMIGUIAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/LMIGUIAgent", ...): Permission denied
1/25/08 6:35:38 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinguiagent) Exited with exit code: 1
1/25/08 6:35:38 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinguiagent) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
1/25/08 6:35:41 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeingui) posix_spawnp("/Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/bin/LogMeInGUI.app/Contents/MacOS/LogMeInGUI", ...): Permission denied
1/25/08 6:35:41 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeingui) Exited with exit code: 1
1/25/08 6:35:41 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeingui) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
1/25/08 6:35:44 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinserver) open("/Library/Logs/LogMeIn/stdout.log", ...): No such file or directory
1/25/08 6:35:44 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinserver) open("/Library/Logs/LogMeIn/stderr.log", ...): No such file or directory
1/25/08 6:35:44 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinserver) posix_spawnp("/Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/bin/LogMeIn.app/Contents/MacOS/LogMeIn", ...): Permission denied
1/25/08 6:35:44 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinserver) Exited with exit code: 1
1/25/08 6:35:44 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinserver) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
1/25/08 6:35:48 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinguiagent) posix_spawnp("/Library/Application Support/LogMeIn/bin/LogMeIn.app/Contents/Resources/LMIGUIAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/LMIGUIAgent", ...): Permission denied
1/25/08 6:35:48 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinguiagent) Exited with exit code: 1
1/25/08 6:35:48 AM com.apple.launchd (com.logmein.logmeinguiagent) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
Frequent Contributor
Anon104239

forget it...
Frequent Contributor
Anon104239

ditto...
Frequent Contributor
Anon104239

forget it again... last part is misleading w/o first part which I deleted above cause I couldn't get this 2nd part to post.. (I thought)
Frequent Contributor
Anon104239

...see above