New Contributor
bruceo

Resolution issue

Using Logmein on Iphone and Ipad I log into 4 different computers 3 with no issue. But the primary computer I log into most has a problem:

When I connect to the computer which is at 1920x1080  Logmein iOS thinks it is 1280x720 and crops the image as such making it an unusable session. So then I hit the 3 button icon in the bottom left of the logmein app which puts the Windows computer into CTR ALT DEL options menu. Then I end the session on the ios app by pressing X. Then i reconnect to the computer and am back to the CTL ALT DEL menu and it is now a good session with the proper resolution and when I check the IOS app the resolution now shows 1920x1080.

I adjusted all the settings I could find on both the logmein app, client and Nvidia 8600 GT graphics card with no effect on this issue. I did notice that if I went into the resolution settings on the Logmein IOS app and cahnged the resolution to something like 1280x800 that the computer would switch and stay at that particular resolution but the session was unusable because the screen was still cropped and then when i wne t back into the ios app setting for resolution it would be at 640x480.

So it seems the only way resolution parity is made between client and app is when a session is started when the computer is at the CTRL ALT DEL options menu.

The only other issue I have found is when Windows Media Center is in full screen logmein is black screen. If WMC is minimized you can see it properly.

What can I do to correct?  Thanks!!!

New Contributor
bruceo

Re: Resolution issue

No ideas?
Contributor
M0stlydave

I have the exact same problem on just 1 PC my PC's it's a 1920x1080 display but the iPad app tries to use 1920x 720 no matter what. I cannot change the resolution in settings and I cannot click anything on screen. The ctrl-alt-del trick works for me to. This PC is windows 7 64 bit with a Radeon HD 5570. This PC used to work fine and now is doing the exact same thing as above, maybe someone from logmein has some answers?
Contributor
M0stlydave

Seriously? No one else has this issue? Can someone from logmein offer some advice?
New Contributor
hobiedave

Yep, I have this issue also.  I can't select 1920 x 1080 even though that is the configured resolution of both machines.  I can select 1600 x 1024 or 1600 x 1200 but then my screen size is reduced.  I end up using RDP over a VPN instead of logmein.

New Contributor
bruceo

I found at least on an nvidia 8600gt that of you have the setting for change the size of all items set at anything other than 100% then the resolution will not match and your cursor will be misaligned. I huge pita and I don't know if logmein or nvidia is to blame... Set it to 100 and you can keep display acceleration checked as well in logmein settings